Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema

Go down 
+2
Supernova
JWF
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JWF
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
Rep : 4

Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema   Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Curious! With a few exception (such as Shale) does anyone on these boards attend current films. It's frustrating to post comments on a current film and no one responds. I've been around for awhile and vary rarely do I receive another opinion. Part of the fun watching films is to also see what others feel about that film.

I have no problem commenting on classic or later films, but even there, there is very little dept. In all due respects, I'm not looking to see if someone saw a particular film, but how that film touched them or not.

Thanks for listening.

Jack
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema   Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:12 pm

I've only been to two movies this whole year, last year I only went to ONE movie, at a mix between the ticket prices and just nothing that looks worth the money coming out, I very rarely go.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema   Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:30 pm

JWF wrote:

Curious! With a few exception (such as Shale) does anyone on these boards attend current films. It's frustrating to post comments on a current film and no one responds. I've been around for awhile and vary rarely do I receive another opinion. Part of the fun watching films is to also see what others feel about that film.

I have no problem commenting on classic or later films, but even there, there is very little dept. In all due respects, I'm not looking to see if someone saw a particular film, but how that film touched them or not.

Thanks for listening.

Jack
co-signs

I actually post my movie blurbs on another site and e-mail the link to a group of friends. I get more feedback and interaction on that board (slamming sometimes) on my opinion of current movies and sometimes several pages of 'discourse' happens.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema   Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:52 pm

I see current films if I am interested in them. I have talked about many of them in the film thread.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema   Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:01 am

As much as I enjoy movies I actually don't see many first run in the theater. I understand your frustrations somewhat re lack of response sometimes. I'd say a good 50% of the titles I mention go without even so much as a "I haven't seen it."
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema   Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:20 am

Well, although I like to get out of the house to watch a new movie on the big screen, budgeting enforced us to cut back on movie-going. But there are a couple coming out soon that I want to go see, and we may attend a little more during the winter. I know, a blog is no fun without participants. I say, keep going. Even if you get only one response (Shale), I will one add to it if I happen to see the movie, too. Or, you can post to mine if I mention a movie I'd just seen.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema   Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:08 am

As you may know I go to the movies almost every week. In fact last year I saw 56 new movies. That is my recreation budget, along with DVD purchases.

It really is not that much because I only go to matinees which is a couple bucks cheaper than the evening showings. I also get a senior discount so my movies on Miami Beach cost me $7.50.

I NEVER buy anything from the concession stand. That is a given when going to the movies on the cheap. I won't starve to death or die of thirst for a couple hours then get something at the coffee place after the movie. Besides, drinking even those 'small' sodas make me have to take a quick piss break during the movie, which is no good.

When I was in Missouri they had a local matinee for $5, which I usually went to see movies already seen or the ones that were second run to me here.

So I suspect that there are economical ways to attend first run movies.
Back to top Go down
JWF
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema   Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Opa Shale wrote:
As you may know I go to the movies almost every week. In fact last year I saw 56 new movies. That is my recreation budget, along with DVD purchases.

It really is not that much because I only go to matinees which is a couple bucks cheaper than the evening showings. I also get a senior discount so my movies on Miami Beach cost me $7.50.

I NEVER buy anything from the concession stand. That is a given when going to the movies on the cheap. I won't starve to death or die of thirst for a couple hours then get something at the coffee place after the movie. Besides, drinking even those 'small' sodas make me have to take a quick piss break during the movie, which is no good.

When I was in Missouri they had a local matinee for $5, which I usually went to see movies already seen or the ones that were second run to me here.

So I suspect that there are economical ways to attend first run movies.

I usually see two films per week. Sometimes twice on Friday. Here in NY many theaters open between 10-11 AM. The before 12 PM pricing is between $3-5 off.

I too, never purchase concession goods. I hate someone sitting near me and munching on their lunch.

The usually senior discount is $8.50.

My weekend plans (Friday):

"The Skin I Live In" 11 AM

"Footloose" 2 PM

If I can't obtain tickets for this weekends Hampton Film Festival I might see on Sunday either "The Big Year" or "The Thing", although I'm not too excited about the latter.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema   Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:15 pm

I def. Want to see The Thing this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema   Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Attend the Current Cinema
Page 1 of 1