Have you ever ridden a train? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you ever ridden a train?

Go down 
+7
Nystyle709
Hyacinth Girl
Supernova
Shale
Cheaps
Alan Smithee
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Have you ever ridden a train? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:13 am

Have you ever ridden a train? Amtrak-train-san-juan-islands-washington

Aside from the subway (New Yorkers Razz), have you ever traveled out of state, or a long destination, by train?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:18 am

Yes. From D.C. to N.J. Out to Colorado from N.J.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:57 am

No, I never have.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:45 am

I've ridden the Illinois Central, City of New Orleans from St. Louis to Mississippi all my life.

When I joined the Air Force they sent us from St. Louis to San Antonio by train - got to sleep in a Pullman car on that one.

My grandson and I travelled by train to Washington DC, Chicago and St. Louis when he was 13. He had never been on a train so I'm glad he had that experience.

Have you ever ridden a train? Robkevamtrak08-04w
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:47 am

Never been on one, always wanted to. Our house is about I guess 4 or 5 blocks up from the railroad tracks and as a kid I used to think about running away and getting a ride on one. But I found out none of them are for passengers, it's all freight.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:06 am

I took a train from Boston to NYC a few years ago, and before that, we did the railroad-ride from Williams, Arizona up to the Grand Canyon.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:16 am

Yep. It's a nice ride. What I want to do is take a train trip somewhere through the mountains. That's gotta be some kind of view.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Not on Amtrack I never have.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Only a round-tripper from Amtrak to and from California. It was nice. My daughter hung out with this large group of Mennonite boys in the lounge area and had a good ol' time. (There were Mennonite girls, too; it was a graduating class going to British Columbia.)

I had breakfast with a table of the girls. It was definitely interesting how well-mannered and "ladylike" they were. It was definitely an interesting trip.

I would like to do a longer train ride sometime.
Back to top Go down
jennab85
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:35 pm

I have taken one train trip. It was from Albuquerque, NM to Phoenix AZ. It was a fun experience. I'll probably take another train trip again someday.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Oh, in the '70s I also rode a train from Luxembourg to Brindisi Italy, after a stay in Assisi. Europe is much more serious about using trains. Here there is usually just one a day, there are several a day going the same direction in Europe.

I also did a lot of train travel in India longest from New Delhi to Bombay. They were still using steam locomotives at the time (likely still are)

Nystyle709 wrote:
Yep. It's a nice ride. What I want to do is take a train trip somewhere through the mountains. That's gotta be some kind of view.
We did that on a narrow gauge rail train from San Jose, Costa Rica to Puerto Limon. A beautiful ride, but worrisome as the track was right on the edge of the cliffs.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Yeah, I have ridden Amtrack.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:14 pm

What about you Chris? Have you ever pulled ridden a train?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever ridden a train?   Have you ever ridden a train? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever ridden a train?
Page 1 of 1