Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?

Go down 
+3
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? Empty
PostSubject: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:18 am

Some forums lend themselves to deception. Not anything like this forum, but I was part of a dog owner forum five years ago when I got my dog. People posted about missing dog missions and people donated to the cause with little fact checking. It was a perfect storm for a total scam.

Another site I was on for women trying to share info on money saving efforts were scammed by a chick who claimed to be pregnant then lost the baby and people sent her cash and gifts and it turned out she was a scammer.

If something awful happened to member here, I would donate to a pool if they were a regular. But I wouldn't ever fall prey to a scammer. Plus, I don't think anyone here would have the poor taste to ask, even if they were in a dire situation....because forum donations wouldn't amount to much, really.

Would you donate to someone you knew on a forum?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:52 am

Outside of a spiffy reclining chair, no way.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:36 am

I might.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:36 pm

I accept cash and money orders... I ain't gonna lie, I'm just broke... help me out... CHEAPS
Back to top Go down
jennab85
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:41 pm

I did once but it was a situation in which the person I donated to had a lot of credibility. I was a member of a crafts message board and one of the members had a daughter with a brain injury and she had a caringbrige site up for her daughter so I knew she wasn't scammer.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:21 am

cheaps wrote:
I accept cash and money orders... I ain't gonna lie, I'm just broke... help me out... Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? 1802614815

Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? 954338

Reminds of this time when I was in Indianapolis and there was this homeless guy outside with a sign that asked people if they could spare a dollar. Then underneath it, it said "I ain't gonna lie, I'm just going to use the money to buy beer". I thought it was great. I gave him two dollars.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:26 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Reminds of this time when I was in Indianapolis and there was this homeless guy outside with a sign that asked people if they could spare a dollar. Then underneath it, it said "I ain't gonna lie, I'm just going to use the money to buy beer". I thought it was great. I gave him two dollars.

OMG! We were in Indy in March and there was a guy outside the stadium holding a sign that said something about needing more beer money to support his homeless habit.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

laughing

If nobody else gave him anything, at least he coulda bought a 40 with wat you gave him big grin
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:43 am

cheaps wrote:

laughing

If nobody else gave him anything, at least he coulda bought a 40 with wat you gave him Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? 273237

He could've bought two. Hope he enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:24 am

Two 40's for $2? How long ago was that?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:11 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
Two 40's for $2? How long ago was that?

Two years ago. If they're $2 here, I figured they'd be cheaper outside of NYC..... Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? 2517814472
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Two years ago. If they're $2 here, I figured they'd be cheaper outside of NYC..... Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? 2517814472

Nope, they are about $2 or more around here also.

I used to drink 40's (I know, GAG!!! Vomit ) and they've always been about $2 for one.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:05 pm

I'd consider it....but with all the scams and dishonesty online, theirs is a case that needs to be especially compelling and they'd need to prove their situation in someway.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:52 pm

If I talked to them for a lengthy amount of time outside of the forum and we became friends, and through time I realize them to be an honest person, then sure. Not too much though, I can't send something I can't afford to lose!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?   Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you send money or supplies to an online friend in need?
Page 1 of 1