There are two kinds of people... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

There are two kinds of people...

Go down 
+2
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

There are two kinds of people... Empty
PostSubject: There are two kinds of people...   There are two kinds of people... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:10 am

...givers and sellers.

I am as cheap/frugal as the day is long, but if I have something extra that a friend needs, I will give it. I don't "sell" it to them. One of my close friends is all about, "Hey, you need it...I will sell it to you.." even if it is a cheap item. Ugh.

I am not saying I look for something for nothing, but if the item is cheap, like 20 sheets of photo paper, why not just give it, rather than name a price? (yeah, that is my specific gripe with a friend right now. She thinks I will actually purchase from her 20 sheets of yellowing photo paper)

Do you give or sell?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: There are two kinds of people...   There are two kinds of people... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:12 am

It really depends on what it is. I ain't "giving" away an extra car, but I will give away an extra set of pans or sheets or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: There are two kinds of people...   There are two kinds of people... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:17 am

Interesting question. I wouldn't think to try and sell photo paper (that's quite extreme), but I do have things that I want to sell on Ebay because I think they have monetary worth. Though I suppose if someone really wanted my mother's set of old collected dishware from boxes of Lux detergent then I may just let that person have it. Dunno.

We did give away a car once to a neighbor. The motor was dead but fine otherwise. Neighbor totalled his and we offered ours to him for free just to get the darn thing out of our hair, plus make his next one cheap. He managed to buy a new motor for it and we were all happy.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: There are two kinds of people...   There are two kinds of people... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:32 am

I guess my rule of thumb would be if it si less than $20, just give it to a friend.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: There are two kinds of people...   There are two kinds of people... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:43 am

Agree.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: There are two kinds of people...   There are two kinds of people... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:42 am

I am a total giver, if someone needs something I have I will gladly give it to them.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: There are two kinds of people...   There are two kinds of people... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 am

We've sold a car to the brother of a friend once but I can't think of anything else that wasn't given.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: There are two kinds of people...   There are two kinds of people... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:26 am

I don't recall selling anything except cars. I get rid of stuff by finding someone who will appreciate it and giving it to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There are two kinds of people...   There are two kinds of people... Empty

Back to top Go down

There are two kinds of people...
Page 1 of 1