Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catholics vs. Baptists

Go down 
+11
ph balanced
Bluesmama
CeCe
wants2laugh
Shale
Nystyle709
Verve
Alan Smithee
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
RobbieFTW
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catholics vs. Baptists   Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:22 am

Except we don't pass that one, it's Baptist, FCC, Wesleyan, Methodist, etc. All of them, they don't let out until after noon.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Catholics vs. Baptists   Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:09 am

My fathers family is Baptist and my mothers family is Catholic; I always thought the main differences were that Baptists don't follow the Pope, and that unlike Catholics, Baptists don't expect babies to be baptized as infants. They almost expect people to make that decision later in life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Catholics vs. Baptists   Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:15 am

Chris wrote:
My fathers family is Baptist and my mothers family is Catholic; I always thought the main differences were that Baptists don't follow the Pope, and that unlike Catholics, Baptists don't expect babies to be baptized as infants. They almost expect people to make that decision later in life.

That's probably a common difference. The Pope one is really the only one you can really count on though. Protestant churches of all kinds have different ideas about Baptism. FORGIVENESS MAN It's crazy.

Bryce has given his usual biased unfactual rant of the topic that proves he doesn't know what he's talking about. (You wanna talk about a superiority complex? FORGIVENESS MAN lol) Ah, good time, good times! big grin The Chamber cycle goes on! And I feel a wind coming now, again as usual. Smile

I could use this to talk about the hypocrisy of every single person who puts down the Catholic Church, but I won't. I'm in too good a mood to sour it on another round of Forum Combat 4! big grin
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Catholics vs. Baptists   Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Bryce has given his usual biased unfactual rant of the topic that proves he doesn't know what he's talking about. (You wanna talk about a superiority complex? FORGIVENESS MAN lol) Ah, good time, good times!
Right, because FM is completely "unbiased" on this topic and thus his opinion must be taken as factual, while anyone elves should be dismissed! (You wanna talk about arrogance? LOL.)

He's Catholic, but somehow unbiased, while I am "biased" even though I'm neither! Cause that makes so much sense...eye roll

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I could use this to talk about the hypocrisy of every single person who puts down the Catholic Church, but I won't. I'm in too good a mood to sour it on another round of Forum Combat 4! big grin
"..therefore i'll just use this oppertunity to attack Bryce's comment alone, thus STARTING the very Forum Combat that I claim to want to avoid. Then, I shall correlate my usage of the word "hypocrisy" to the definition of irony. big grin

Last edited by captainbryce on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Catholics vs. Baptists   Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:50 pm

There's a fair amount of differences between Catholics and Baptists. Some are differences you see between Catholicism and Protestantism in general, but others are more specific to the Baptists. As mentioned the independence of the individual congregation and adult Baptism are two things that really separate Baptists from Catholics and also Baptists from some other Protestants. In my experience Baptists also emphasize "end-times" and Hell more than most other kinds of Protestants. Baptists also believe in a rapture, which the Catholic church has declared to be a heresy.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Catholics vs. Baptists   Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:47 pm

The congregation at a catholic church sits and listen to the calm and peaceful priest. Baptists get crunk with it, with the reverend instigating the whole thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Catholics vs. Baptists   Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Impact wrote:
There's a fair amount of differences between Catholics and Baptists. Some are differences you see between Catholicism and Protestantism in general, but others are more specific to the Baptists. As mentioned the independence of the individual congregation and adult Baptism are two things that really separate Baptists from Catholics and also Baptists from some other Protestants. In my experience Baptists also emphasize "end-times" and Hell more than most other kinds of Protestants. Baptists also believe in a rapture, which the Catholic church has declared to be a heresy.

smug In that case, hallelujah I'm a Baptist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catholics vs. Baptists   Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Catholics vs. Baptists
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2