CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Kral
TSJFan4Ever
stavdash
Adrian LePere
8 posters

The return of a core family member

Adrian LePere
    Adrian LePere
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

The return of a core family member Empty The return of a core family member

Post by Adrian LePere Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:00 pm

From TV Guide Canada - Soaps

Soaps In Depth is hinting that Emmy nominee Michael Park will be joining One Life as Dan Wolek. Conversely, Soap Opera Digest sources refute the rumour but Suds hears that a deal is definitely in the works. In fact, it could already be signed, sealed and delivered.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

The return of a core family member Empty Re: The return of a core family member

Post by stavdash Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 pm

After almost twenty years in exile, and his virtually never being mentioned by anyone—not even by Viki, his aunt—they are toying with the idea of bringing Dan back? That is...odd. He was never really a strongly defined character previously, so I suppose they would have wiggle room to do whatever they like with his character breakdown. Still strange.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:19 pm

I know the name but nothing about him. Wonder if there's anything to the rumours. Doesn't make much sense, unless they're just hoping they can get him back and don't have anything confirmed.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:46 am

I barely remember Dan. He used to hang out with Brenda and had a triangle over her with Larry that I did NOT like. Then he met some dippy girl whose name was I think "Lara Jean" and had the most DRIEST romance I ever saw, like Bo & Page but worse. They left town together in the early 90s and never came back. I wonder if Dan coming back would bring back Larry and Karen. You'd think so but that's not always the case at OLTL. They will bring back a character who was known for being the child or spouse/lover of another more popular character while that popular continues to be MIA. Like River and Sarah. I will say though that even though Dan was a very boring character, the last actor who played him was totally gorgeous and a decent enough actor. I would rather they bring him back if they gotta bring back Dan at all.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:09 am

If they're going to bring back former characters, I'd rather see Kevin come back. He and Todd can battle it out in light-hearted comedy. Smile
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:17 am

Agreed TSJ4Ever. Todd and Kevin were like the male version of Viki and Dorian. Todd has never meshed with any adversary as much as he has with Kevin! When they go toe to toe, it's juicy and exciting. They try to play it with John, but it's totally unfair because John is the shows golden boy, so Todd can never really stand up to or win against him because of they have for John.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 am

stavdash wrote:After almost twenty years in exile, and his virtually never being mentioned by anyone—not even by Viki, his aunt—they are toying with the idea of bringing Dan back? That is...odd. He was never really a strongly defined character previously, so I suppose they would have wiggle room to do whatever they like with his character breakdown. Still strange.

He had a big storyline when he was involved with Brenda and he and his father Larry were both in love with Brenda.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:41 pm

I have a hard time believing anything involving the Woleks would ever be seen in Llanview again.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:I have a hard time believing anything involving the Woleks would ever be seen in Llanview again.

Same here. They didn't even bother to mention Larry on the fortieth anniversary, so while I personally would like to see the return of the Woleks, I'm not too much buying that they would actually bring any of them back today. I think this ATWT actor mentioned in the OP is most likely auditioning for the role of the Ford and James' father.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:53 pm

^^^^IF they decide for him to return, they'd likely ignore any Wolek connections and act like he is a Lord only.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^IF they decide for him to return, they'd likely ignore any Wolek connections and act like he is a Lord only.

You're probably right. He'd be Viki's nephew, who just happens to be Larry's son.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:41 am