CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

'Rihanna Scores 10th #1 Single On The Hot 100 & Ties Janet Jackson'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

'Rihanna Scores 10th #1 Single On The Hot 100 & Ties Janet Jackson' Empty 'Rihanna Scores 10th #1 Single On The Hot 100 & Ties Janet Jackson'

Post by Chris Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:54 pm

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/04/rihanna-scores-10th-1-single-hot-100-ties-janet-jackson/#more-34254

Rihanna Scores 10th #1 Single On The Hot 100 & Ties Janet Jackson

'Rihanna Scores 10th #1 Single On The Hot 100 & Ties Janet Jackson' Rihannabritney

The music industry continues to die a slow and painful death this week as 2 of its most untalented acts have accomplished what many determined to be the impossible. Rihanna and Britney Spears’ ‘S&M’ has topped the Billboard Hot 100, giving the former her 10th #1 single and a position next to Janet Jackson in the history books.

After being stalled at #2 behing Katy Perry’s ‘E.T (Ft. Kanye West)’ on the Hot 100 for over 3 weeks, the remixed version of ‘S&M’ gave the track the boost that it needed to climb to the #1 position. Ranked as her 10th #1 single (and Spears’ 5th), Rihanna is now tied with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder in 7th position amongst all artists with the most chart-toppers in the history of the tally.

Rihanna also surpasses both of Mariah Carey’s records capturing to 10 #1 songs faster than any solo act and being the youngest person to accomplish that feat thus far. However, Carey remains the solo artist with the most #1 singles with a staggering 18 tracks (17 of which she co-wrote and 14 she co-produced), placing her behind only The Beatles who earned 20.

Elsewhere on the Hot 100, Perry’s ‘E.T’ dropped to #2, the Black Eyed Peas’ ’Just Can’t Get Enough’ held #3, and Jeremih’s ’Down on Me (Ft. 50 Cent)’ jumped from #6 to #4. Additionally, Cee Lo Green’s ’F*ck You (Forget You)’ dropped 1 spot to #5, Adele’s ’Rolling in The Deep’ spiked to #6 and Chris Brown’s ’Look at Me Now (Ft. Busta Rhymes & Lil Wayne)’ remained at #7.

Closing the top 10 were Jennifer Lopez’s ’On the Floor (Ft. Pitbull)’ which climbed back up to #8, Britney Spears’ ‘Till the World Ends’ at #9 and Lady GaGa’s ‘Judas’ which debuted at #10.

Hopefully, after Carey gives birth she will be able to find her mojo once more and save us from this sinking ship. The situation is bleak. Let me take a breath and regain my composure.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

'Rihanna Scores 10th #1 Single On The Hot 100 & Ties Janet Jackson' Empty Rihanna Scores 10th #1 Single On The Hot 100 & Ties Janet Ja

Post by Tony Marino Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:16 pm

Great song!!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:19 am