CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

I'm beginning to think that the show doesn't know what to do with Tina.

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

I'm beginning to think that the show doesn't know what to do with Tina. Empty I'm beginning to think that the show doesn't know what to do with Tina.

Post by Jason B. Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:20 am

I like Tina and always have, but it's seeming to me that the show has no real idea of what to do with her. When she's embedded in an OTT story that brings out all her colors and camp, she's great to have around. But when she's just there to support others, she's boring. I had forgot but it was that way with the other Tina's too.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

I'm beginning to think that the show doesn't know what to do with Tina. Empty Re: I'm beginning to think that the show doesn't know what to do with Tina.

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:51 am

The fact is that EVERY return that isn't storyline dictated will be like this.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

I'm beginning to think that the show doesn't know what to do with Tina. Empty Re: I'm beginning to think that the show doesn't know what to do with Tina.

Post by Tony Marino Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Well I hope they come up with something for her soon, I don't want to see her and Cord leave the show.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:05 am

Despite Tina's hundreds of connections to the show, she really is a product of '80s' OLTL with Paul Rauch, and the flashy decadence that was the soap world of that era; because she spent so many years off screen, she didn't get to evolve with the times. I think the problem for writers comes with trying to balance what everyone expects from Tina (that campy, fun, madcap decadence) with where the more subtle tone of the show today. They can't have her be too '1986' because there isn't anyone in that sandbox to play with her, but still have to find a way to have her keep her essence.

My verdict is that they should have brought her back full time *years* ago.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:01 am

Chris wrote:Despite Tina's hundreds of connections to the show, she really is a product of '80s' OLTL with Paul Rauch, and the flashy decadence that was the soap world of that era; because she spent so many years off screen, she didn't get to evolve with the times. I think the problem for writers comes with trying to balance what everyone expects from Tina (that campy, fun, madcap decadence) with the more subtle tone of the show today. They can't have her be too '1986' because there isn't anyone in that sandbox to play with her, but still have to find a way to have her keep her essence.

My verdict is that they should have brought her back full time *years* ago.

co-signs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:50 am