CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
RobbieFTW
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Bluesmama
tmontyb
Supernova
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Chris
13 posters

The music industry is said to be phasing out CDs

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The music industry is said to be phasing out CDs Empty The music industry is said to be phasing out CDs

Post by Chris Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:10 am

It's being said that the music industry will stop manufacturing compact discs by the end of 2012. How do you feel about this, good idea or bad?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

The music industry is said to be phasing out CDs Empty Re: The music industry is said to be phasing out CDs

Post by Cheaps Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 am

Good I guess? I haven't bought a physical CD since 2008.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

The music industry is said to be phasing out CDs Empty Re: The music industry is said to be phasing out CDs

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:47 am

I'm a product of the mp3 age now.....but I will still say its a bad thing. You should always have some sort if physical music.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:50 am

BAD idea. That's what I buy.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:49 am

Well, vinyl was phased out, but I'm still able to buy my dance records on vinyl. I don't think they should totally phase out CD's.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 pm

I think it's shitty. That's what I buy. Not interested in the higher technology for music.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:20 pm

With the MP3 age and ipods its no surprise to me that cd's will be phased out. I like to buy a CD here and there.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:49 pm

As long as they keep making blank ones.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:05 pm

That sucks. Much as I like my iPod, I don't wanna live in a world where there is no physical music media.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:45 am

Not feeling that. Something about holding a long-awaited CD just can't be replicated on MP3.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:42 am

Alan Smithee wrote:As long as they keep making blank ones.

co-signs Forgot about that, All I do is make & listen to cd's ive made on my laptop.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:49 am

With there being few record stores left, I figured it would happen sooner or later. It's too bad though because I don't think mp3's have the same effect as cd's.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:58 am

CD's will come back around, even if they're phased out, just as vinyl is starting to make a comeback. It's just a passing phase and gimmick, and you can still buy blank cassette tapes at some places, too.

Regardless of what media format is out there, the key is to BACK YOUR STUFF UP! If you have everything electronically, make sure you have some way to create a copy of it, in case your computer/main system crashes, so you can recover it. Put it on blank CD's, flash-drives, or something I have which is the Norton Ghost program with external hard drive. I run a full back up on my computer once per week, so that no matter what happens to my computer, I can restore it if necessary.

I learned that the hard way after I got hijacked by a virus a year or so ago, had to erase everything, and rebuild the entire system from scratch, including all my music in I-tunes.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:42 am

Define "the music industry." I do NOT believe that nobody will put out CD's anymore. It gives artists stuff to sell at their shows. I still think they sell well enough. I have a feeling that this is just a stunt from some highprofile labels wanting to get press.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:CD's will come back around, even if they're phased out, just as vinyl is starting to make a comeback. It's just a passing phase and gimmick, and you can still buy blank cassette tapes at some places, too.

Regardless of what media format is out there, the key is to BACK YOUR STUFF UP! If you have everything electronically, make sure you have some way to create a copy of it, in case your computer/main system crashes, so you can recover it. Put it on blank CD's, flash-drives, or something I have which is the Norton Ghost program with external hard drive. I run a full back up on my computer once per week, so that no matter what happens to my computer, I can restore it if necessary.

I learned that the hard way after I got hijacked by a virus a year or so ago, had to erase everything, and rebuild the entire system from scratch, including all my music in I-tunes.

I need to do that, I couldn't stand if I got another virus and lost all my music. Just don't know how to "back-up", I'll ask my co-worker about that.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:43 pm

cheaps wrote:
    I need to do that, I couldn't stand if I got another virus and lost all my music. Just don't know how to "back-up", I'll ask my co-worker about that.

Here's the program I have:
    http://antivirus.norton.com/norton/ps/1up_us_en_gh.html?om_sem_cid=hho_sem_sy:us:bng:en:e|kw0000011903|333289528

And I have an external hard drive attached to my computer:
    www.verbatim.com/home

It's an easy program to install and then you tell it where you want the back up to go (i.e. external drive) and you can either manually send it into a back up or set it to automatically do it by itself. Very nice setup!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

Here's the program I have:
    http://antivirus.norton.com/norton/ps/1up_us_en_gh.html?om_sem_cid=hho_sem_sy:us:bng:en:e|kw0000011903|333289528

And I have an external hard drive attached to my computer:
    www.verbatim.com/home

It's an easy program to install and then you tell it where you want the back up to go (i.e. external drive) and you can either manually send it into a back up or set it to automatically do it by itself. Very nice setup!

Ok, thanks I'll look into it. The music industry is said to be phasing out CDs Thumbs_up_smiley

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:37 am