Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?

Go down 
+4
CeCe
RobbieFTW
Supernova
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?   Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:57 am

Since 'bullycide' seems to be a hot topic these days; let me ask you this, who do you think is the most to blame when a kid who was getting bullied at school commits suicide? The school, the bully/bullies, the parents of the bullies, the parents of the bullied kid, or the kid himself?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?   Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:02 am

The responsibility ultimately comes back to the child in question because a lot of people's lives are hell but the don't kill themselves for it.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?   Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 am

The school and the bully.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?   Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 am

It's a shared responsibility. Certainly the bully. The people in authority who allow it. A society that is apathetic or dismissive. I'm seeing an increasing lack of empathy in this country that is disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?   Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 am

I'm gonna say noone. Clearly its an unfortunate and sad incident, but you can't blame a single person for another person's SUICIDE.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?   Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Everybody directly involved....
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?   Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Everybody directly involved shares some blame.

The bully for doing the bullying, the school for allowing/enabling it, the parents for not doing anything beforehand, and yes, even the kid for choosing to end their pain by ending their life. Everyone shares some blame, whether we like it or not.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?   Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Chris wrote:
Since 'bullycide' seems to be a hot topic these days; let me ask you this, who do you think is the most to blame when a kid who was getting bullied at school commits suicide? The school, the bully/bullies, the parents of the bullies, the parents of the bullied kid, or the kid himself?

I don't like blaming the victim. In cases like this, I levy my vitriol at all those I bolded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?   Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's to blame when a bullied child commits suicide?
Page 1 of 1