California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue

Go down 
+9
Marc™
Nystyle709
CeCe
captainbryce
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Bluesmama
Cheaps
Chris
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue Empty
PostSubject: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:48 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/california-inventor-develops-20-second-laser-procedure-turns-eyes-blue-article-1.972150#ixzz1cjuwfnZX

Quote :
'People like the depth of a light eye'

BY Nancy Dillon
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue Image

WANT TO turn those brown eyes blue — permanently?

A California inventor says he has developed a new 20-second laser procedure that will turn brown eyes blue, without damaging vision, for around $5,000.

Gregg Homer, founder of Stroma Medical in Laguna Beach, Calif., told the Daily News he’s already tested the irreversible cosmetic treatment on about 12 volunteers in Mexico, safely removing small patches of brown pigment from at least one eye in each subject.

The dramatic switch is possible because all brown-eyed people have blue-looking orbs under the layer of dark pigment that covers each iris, he said.

“People like the depth of a light eye,” he told The News, citing a company poll of 2,000 patients that found 17.5% would seek the treatment. “Eyes are the windows to the soul, and a light eye is like an open window.”

His plan is to test the full procedure in both eyes of voluntary subjects in about a year, he said. Stroma then hopes to market the treatment outside the U.S. — probably Mexico, Canada and Europe.

Maybe Johnny Depp with brown eyes. Or Salma Hayek?

Homer, a former lawyer who developed the technology with a team of ophthalmologists, is concerned more with safety than celebrity. “We’re testing way more than we need to,” he said. “We could have done everything in a year, but we didn’t want to risk harming any clinical patients.”

Prospective patients should be able to visit a doctor’s office, undergo a quick eye scan and see a rendering of themselves with the predicted shade of their underlying blue eye color. If they opt for the procedure, they’ll sit in front of what look like giant binoculars and watch a 20-second animation as a computer-guided laser breaks down their brown pigment, he said.

“You won’t feel anything,” Homer said. “Your eyes will get a little darker for the first week. Then in two to four weeks, they’ll be completely changed.”

He said he has “no doubt” he’ll get FDA approval in the U.S. — in about three years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Sounds scary, I'll stick with my brown eyes.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:44 pm

I'll stick with mine, too. Since blue in eyes comes in varying shades (some have more grey than others), it'd be the pits if a recipient didn't like the change. Not reversible. Yeech!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Is there a reason he had to go to Mexico to find volunteers?

Like I said before, sounds like Josef Mengele rising from the dead.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:03 pm

No way José!
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Interesting concept, though I find the idea behind it highly offensive on many levels.

I tend to hold to the principle of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:05 pm

no
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:00 am

LOL, gotta love science. Just wear blue contacts. Jeez.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:08 am

Giving a glimmer of hope to those of us who were unlucky enough to be born with brown eyes....
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:22 am

Supernova wrote:

Yeah, I immediately thought "Hitler tried to do that. . ." as soon as I read the first post. Be happy with the eyes you've got, because at least you can still see out of them!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:51 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

Yeah, I immediately thought "Hitler tried to do that. . ." as soon as I read the first post. Be happy with the eyes you've got, because at least you can still see out of them!

Exactly, I don't see any guarantee that this procedure is a safe one, who's to say people won't get the blue eyes they wanted, but go blind in the process? There's always a risk something could go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Supernova wrote:

Now, now. Mengele went to Brazil where they speak Portuguese.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:03 pm

And this doctor's from California, so why did he need to cross the boarder to find volunteers for his oh-so-safe procedure?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Shrugs (Oh well…) I don't know and I don't care because it's a stupid thing to do in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:57 pm

I will stick with what God gave me.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Until this guy comes up with a treatment that turns blue eyes brown, I'm calling him bigot.
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Why on earth why? Actually, if given a choice to be born with different color eyes than my brown, I would choose green. I always thought green eyes were the prettiest.

A friend of mine who workd for an optometrist tried contact lenses of different colors on me when those types of contacts first came out. She wanted a guinea pig to see if they could really turn brown eyes blue.

They did. But I much prefer my own brown eyes. They are me.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:24 pm

Jason B. wrote:
Until this guy comes up with a treatment that turns blue eyes brown, I'm calling him bigot.

laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue   California inventor develops new 20-second laser procedure that turns eyes blue Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1