CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Tony Marino
manningsrule
Mystique72
TSJFan4Ever
Crazy4Gaga
Forgiveness Man
Kral
allison13
sue67
Pilaring
SecHandNews
15 posters

Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie?

SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie? Empty Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie?

Post by SecHandNews Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:45 pm

:biggrin:

So much is being said about Cole and Starr but What's your opinion of Jolie (John and Natalie)?

Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 1

Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie? Empty Re: Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie?

Post by Pilaring Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:46 pm

SecHandNews wrote: :biggrin:

So much is being said about Cole and Starr but What's your opinion of Jolie (John and Natalie)?

Not a John fan and never saw JOLIE before. MA perks up ME so much she makes him bearable to watch for me... so far heads above JARTY.
    sue67
    sue67
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie? Empty Re: Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie?

Post by sue67 Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Even though I always thought that John's best pairing was with Evanegline I'm always willing to give characters a chance it really has to boil down to how Natalie will be altered at all around John I hated it the last time it was John talking down to her like she was a child and to make it worse it was over ish he has pulled himself since then like hiding evidence, as long as Natalie isn't just another John butt kisser it would be an improvement.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by allison13 Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:16 pm

I never could understand why two savvy women like Evangeline and Nat were losing their minds over a man who seemed to have all the emotion of a pencil.The Jovan/Jolie wars on othe board drove me nuts bec I failed to see his chemistry with anyone.I still don't it.The sex scenes between John and Nat make me feel unclean.Both women did better with Chris and Jared.JMO.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:02 pm

allison13 wrote:I never could understand why two savvy women like Evangeline and Nat were losing their minds over a man who seemed to have all the emotion of a pencil.The Jovan/Jolie wars on othe board drove me nuts bec I failed to see his chemistry with anyone.I still don't it.The sex scenes between John and Nat make me feel unclean.Both women did better with Chris and Jared.JMO.

I think a lot of it has to do with ME's position and clout. He's the golden boy of ABCD, so any female character who gets to be his love interest is going to be in a front burner couple. That's why Jolie and Jovan fans went for each others necks. I used to post at the ABC board back in 2005 and talk about war. The hostility between Evangeline fans and Natalie fans was like a WWE grudge match. I admit I played along too!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:16 pm

John and any romantic pairing = lame! eye roll
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by allison13 Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:19 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:John and any romantic pairing = lame! eye roll
    He seems to be pretty comfortable with himself but the women in his life come across as nothing more than bedwarmers. Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie? 876550
    Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 1

Post by Crazy4Gaga Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:21 pm

sue67 wrote:Even though I always thought that John's best pairing was with Evanegline I'm always willing to give characters a chance it really has to boil down to how Natalie will be altered at all around John I hated it the last time it was John talking down to her like she was a child and to make it worse it was over ish he has pulled himself since then like hiding evidence, as long as Natalie isn't just another John butt kisser it would be an improvement.
    THIS. (Hi Sue Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie? 978355 )I've hated the McBain ever since he stupidly let Evangeline go for Nat. Personally, I never saw any appeal to Jolie, none. I actually loved John and Vange together, JoVan had amazing chemistry and John was actually ALIVE, sooo different back then. He's repeating the same MO these days however so I simply don't care anymore, with breaking up with Marty this time, cause of Natalie *shocker* He just keeps going back and forth between women. So between that beating record and him being the oh so great supercop(GMAB)it's all blatant indifference to him these days. Every woman around him is going to cowtow and be a butt kisser to him, I don't really see that changing. But it would be amazing if it actually does and TIIC stop portraying him as God's best gift to women when he surely ain't.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:29 am

sue67 wrote:Even though I always thought that John's best pairing was with Evanegline I'm always willing to give characters a chance it really has to boil down to how Natalie will be altered at all around John I hated it the last time it was John talking down to her like she was a child and to make it worse it was over ish he has pulled himself since then like hiding evidence, as long as Natalie isn't just another John butt kisser it would be an improvement.

That about sums it up for me, too. ME actually reminds me a lot of SB and MB on GH - has lots of clout and is a golden boy of ABC. Doesn't necessarily mean that the characters they play are that interesting. ME was good on PC from what I hear, but I can't say what I think without actor bashing, though it applies to all three, so I'll just say that it's been a long time since I've been invested in anything to do with John, Sonny or Jason, though it's also been a long time since I watched GH. All three charcters are dead bores with the emotional range of a flea. There's anger and then is staring and grunting and there's little more to the characters.

I can't get behind Jolie because I can't stand John McBain. Pairing Natalie with him has caused me to loose interest in Natalie. Maybe there was a time when John could have been interest but that ship has sailed so far that there's just no return.
    Mystique72
    Mystique72
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by Mystique72 Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:56 am

Well, for me, I'm a Natalie fan. She is one of my favorite characters. Loved Jolie and still do. I have absolutely no interest in John outside of the Jolie pairing. So I was never interseted in any of his other pairings.
    manningsrule
    manningsrule
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by manningsrule Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:35 pm

I love Jolie, its the only time that I ever have any interest in John is when he is with Natalie. Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie? Icon_biggrin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Jolie always was and always will be boring. The only time Johnny supercop had any life in him was when he was with Blair.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Jolie was better with Billy Bob....
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Marc wrote:Jolie was better with Billy Bob....

Who is Billy Bob?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Who is Billy Bob?

Billy Bob Thornton.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:05 pm

LOL he was never on the show!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Tony Marino wrote:LOL he was never on the show!

I think Marc was joking. Curious what our new OLTL board friends think of Jolie? Icon_wink
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Tony Marino wrote:LOL he was never on the show!

LOL

Marc was joking. Jolie (Angelina), Jolie (John/Natalie). Angelina Jolie was married to Billy Bob Thorton.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:50 am

Jolie with Billy Bob - would that mean a threesome? LOL! John might be jealous of Billy Bob - arrest him, assault him. Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Kral wrote:

LOL

Marc was joking. Jolie (Angelina), Jolie (John/Natalie). Angelina Jolie was married to Billy Bob Thorton.

Really???? Thats a very odd coupling.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 pm

I hate them, always have. They are just as boring as Rex and Gigi.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:44 pm

John confirms over and over that he's the reason I can't stand Jolie. Today was a perfect example - John breaking the law to keep Cole out of jail for violating the terms of his bail - disgusting and repulsive. as long as Natalie is with John, I have no interest in her. John's far to biased and hypocritical and he's a true villain who thinks he's good. Sorry Nat - you deserve better than him.
    pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by pisces33 Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 pm

Not much, I can't stand John and I waver with Natalie. So I really don't care if they are together or not. Imo, they are not interesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:36 am