CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

J Edgar (2011)

JWF
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 4

J Edgar (2011)  Empty J Edgar (2011)

Post by JWF Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:20 pm

I'm a huge fan of Clint and Leo. Therefore, it is painful to report "J Edgar" doesn't meet their usual standards. The film has all the parts to be a very good film. It has it's moments, but not enough.

I have no problem--as critics do---with an evasive and contained Hoover. He was a man of mystery. I had a problem with how the story unfolds around too many historical events and real life characters. It's almost like watching The History Channel. And some of scenes ...like the kissing and cross-dressing...come off as almost being unintentionally comical. The film is too long at 2 hours and 17 minutes and tends to repeat itself.

That said, on a bad acting day, Leo is still better than most actors on their best day. However, I just couldn't get myself to accept the accent and aging makeup. He'll receive lots of support come Oscar nomination time, but my vote is still attached to Michael Shannon.

3/5 Stars

jack
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

J Edgar (2011)  Empty Re: J Edgar (2011)

Post by Kral Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:03 am

I'll wait for cable. I don't like being trapped in the movie theater with one of Leo's movies.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 pm