CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Loprieno Open to Joining ‘One Life to Live’ 2.0

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Loprieno Open to Joining ‘One Life to Live’ 2.0 Empty Loprieno Open to Joining ‘One Life to Live’ 2.0

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:29 pm

This would be great:

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — John Loprieno who, alongside co-star Andrea Evans, recently reprised their roles as Llanview’s former supercouple Cord and Tina Roberts on “One Life to Live,” talks about his return to the show and what the future holds for both him and Cord.

In a new interview with the Ventura County (California) Star, Loprieno comments that when he was asked to come back to the show before it ends production on its ABC run on November 18, he jumped at the chance. “I said, ‘Yes, it would be fun to see everyone and say goodbye,” he reveals.

Unlike his other returns in recent years, which the actors says “More often than not, [were] either for a wedding or a funeral, and I would sit in the back, and they would kind of pan the camera across me” and only lasted a couple of episodes, his most recent stint has proven somewhat more involved.

“It turned out to be a much bigger cameo than I thought it would be. It was fun. It was great to see everybody and work with (actress) Andrea Evans again,” he states in the interview. Since October, Loprieno states that he has already taped 13 episodes, traveling to “One Life to Live’s” New York City studios from his home in California, where he also teaches acting at Moorpark College. He also will be directing auditions for the school’s rendition of the musical “Chicago,” which he will direct, and has several writing projects currently in the works.

As for his future with “OLTL” when the show switches production from ABC to Prospect Park in the near future, Loprieno says that he is open to the possibility of returning to Llanview once again, stating “It will be interesting to see how it evolves. There were a couple of people who asked me if I’d be interested in going back on, and I said, ‘Hey you never know.’ Sure, depending on the circumstances and my school schedule.”

In the meantime, Loprieno assures “One Life” fans that “Cord and Tina fans will be happy,” with the way the show wraps up the characters latest storyline.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/loprieno-open-to-joining-one-life-to-live-2-0

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Loprieno Open to Joining ‘One Life to Live’ 2.0 Empty Re: Loprieno Open to Joining ‘One Life to Live’ 2.0

Post by Chris Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Works for me. I recall an interview from maybe eight or nine years ago, where JLo said he'd be open to returning. The show just got so caught up in its current drivel that they didn't bother to take him up on his willingness. I hope the new administration does. I didn't always like Cord (in fact, when I first started watching the show, I thought he was a jerk because of the way he was always blowing up and telling people what to do), but I definitely see his legitimacy for being around. Just like Tina, he should be there.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Loprieno Open to Joining ‘One Life to Live’ 2.0 Empty Re: Loprieno Open to Joining ‘One Life to Live’ 2.0

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Tina and Cord should have never left the show to begin with and the same goes for Kevin and Joey. These were core characters and I am quite sure they could have come up with some storylines to incorporate them all into the show. My earliest memories of Cord are when Maria Roberts came to town and tried to destroy Tina and get Cord away from her. Yeah he was a bit of a brute, especially to Tina but I always liked him because he weas always so honorable.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:49 pm

I think it was sometime around the middle nineties. The show was so caught up in characters like Todd and Blair, and Joey and Kelly, that they lost focus/interest in Tina and Cord, and just let them linger for a few years with nothing to do, until finally the actors got bored and opted to leave. I don't know why the succeeding writers and producers didn't make it a priority to bring them (and Cassie) back. I think the show got taken over by an arrogant administration that only wanted to focus on the characters they created, and didn't care much about important core characters who were off the show.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:59 pm

I forgot about Cassie, yes they should have brought her back as well. I always hated when they let core characters go live somewhere over the rainbow and you never got to see them again.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 pm

I always wanted to see Cord and Cassie hook up. They would have had gorgeous black haired kids. lol
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Chris wrote:I always wanted to see Cord and Cassie hook up. They would have had gorgeous black haired kids. lol

Never thought of those 2 hooking up, I always imagined him with Tina but your right they would have had hot dark haired little babes!
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:21 pm

I just wish RC wasn't continuing on as HW. If we were getting an all new production team, I have a feeling Cord would have a better shot of sticking around, but I don't believe RC has any interest in writing for him as a character.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:29 am

Jason B. wrote:I just wish RC wasn't continuing on as HW. If we were getting an all new production team, I have a feeling Cord would have a better shot of sticking around, but I don't believe RC has any interest in writing for him as a character.

They do need some core characters to draw in the long time viewers to the new format.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 7:00 pm