Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer   Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer   Empty
PostSubject: Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer    Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer   EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:01 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/eddie-murphy-drops-oscars-host-brett-ratner-resigns-show-producer-article-1.975121?localLinksEnabled=false

Quote :
Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer
Actor's departure comes after uproar over Ratner's gay slur at 'Tower Heist' screening

BY Richard Huff
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, November 9 2011, 2:37 PM

Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer   Image
Eddie Murphy (l.) stars in director Brett Ratner's new film, 'Tower Heist.'

Murphy has withdrawn as the host, according to a statement released by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences.

“I appreciate how Eddie feels about losing his creative partner, Brett Ratner, and we all wish him well,” Academy President Tom Sherak said in a statement.

Late Tuesday, Ratner exited his job as executive producer of the awards ceremony after a firestorm erupted when he used a gay slur during a public screening of his film “Tower Heist” (which co-stars Murphy). He later apologized, though eventually was ousted as producer of the Oscars.

“First and foremost, I want to say that I completely understand and support each party’s decision with regard to a change of producers for this year’s Academy Awards ceremony,” Murphy said in a statement. “I was truly looking forward to being part of the show that our production team and writers were just starting to develop, but I’m sure the new production team and host will do an equally great job.”

Ratner and Murphy were viewed as a chance to liven up the Academy Awards ceremony, which is annually the most watched entertainment special of the year.

For Murphy, “Tower Heist” and the hosting gig were considered huge steps in the reemergence of his Hollywood career.

Ratner is considered a Hollywood renegade, who is willing to talk about stuff others keep private.

Monday he slammed former girlfriend Olivia Munn in an appearance on Howard Stern’s Sirius XM radio show.

Tuesday, as the furor grew over his gay slur, Ratner met with Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation and agreed to create a series of public discussions on the use of anti-gay jokes and slurs in films and on TV.

The Academy Awards are set for Feb. 26, 2012.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/eddie-murphy-drops-oscars-host-brett-ratner-resigns-show-producer-article-1.975121#ixzz1dR89hHiB
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer    Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer   EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Who cares.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer    Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer   EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:43 pm

It's too bad. I really looked forward to Eddie hosting the boring Oscars.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer    Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer   EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:54 am

That sucks. Eddie would've prob. made that tired ass show at least a little bit interesting.
Back to top Go down
gingersnaps
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
gingersnaps

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer    Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer   EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 11:47 pm

i think it sucks a bit.. i would of loved to have seen if Eddie Murphy would of been funny like he used to be in the "Raw" days...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer    Eddie Murphy drops out as Oscars host after Brett Ratner resigns as show producer   Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1