How often do you go to the library? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How often do you go to the library?

Go down 
+6
CeCe
FireIce918
Marc™
Minerva
Bluesmama
Supernova
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

How often do you go to the library? Empty
PostSubject: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:56 pm

How often do you frequent your local library? I try to go every Saturday, and in addition to all the stuff I get from there, I work the inter-library loans to death.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Never. I don't like time restraints on my reading.
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Rarely. I usually do not find what I am looking for at my local library and I cannot put up with the noise that is allowed today. Whatever happened to "Silence in the library?"

I have an e-reader for books but will read regular books if the font is big enough. But they are usually ones I may purchase or borrow.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Minerva wrote:
Rarely. I usually do not find what I am looking for at my local library and I cannot put up with the noise that is allowed today. Whatever happened to "Silence in the library?"

Totally, today some guy was plugged into one of the computers and I don't know what he was doing but he kept spouting off random words at full volume, and nothing. But I go in with 2 of my neighbor kids, and we whisper, but we read aloud, and WE'RE the ones complained about for being disruptive.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:11 pm

I go to my school's library on a semi-regular basis. I go to the city library maybe once every other year.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Ours lacks a lot of things, and books are largely a done deal because if they're older than 15 years any donations won't get put on the shelves, and they stopped taking VHS but they do I think still take DVDs and I'm considering getting a few things here and there that they could add to their collection. They have about half of the original Wizard of Oz books, most of them very old copies, and for them supposing to have 2 copies of Alice Through the Looking Glass, neither is anywhere to be found. And it would be nice to see Thelma & Louise or The Towering Inferno or First Blood available SOMEWHERE in this town to rent.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:48 pm

A lot. I've been a bookworm since an early age. I used to like just chilling in the library until it recently became the hangout spot for every unemployed person. Now I get in, get my shit and get out. And this is in the county....it's worse in the city because then we have to factor in the homeless people who hang out all day and sometimes assault women in the bathroom blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Used to go all the time. Not sure when the last time was...it's been years.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Not as often as I should. My local library isn't that close to me (well there are a few close-by branches, but they are so small and too inhabited by school kids that I don't really wanna bother). The large library is downtown and is about a 25 min drive away from me so I really don't go there too often.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Whenever there is a book I want to read or I need to print out something, since I don't have a printer. Maybe once a month.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:21 pm

It varies from year to year. Some years I go a lot, and some years I may not go at all. I don't think I"ve been to the library this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:01 pm

I go quite a bit. Much more in the winter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you go to the library?   How often do you go to the library? Empty

Back to top Go down

How often do you go to the library?
Page 1 of 1