CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
tmontyb
Chris
6 posters

'Security guard in hot water over treatment of 4-year-old shoplifter' (video)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

'Security guard in hot water over treatment of 4-year-old shoplifter' (video) Empty 'Security guard in hot water over treatment of 4-year-old shoplifter' (video)

Post by Chris Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:01 am

http://www.komonews.com/news/4-year-old-shoplifter-134440228.html?tab=video&c=y

Security guard in hot water over treatment of 4-year-old shoplifter
    By Joel Moreno Published: Nov 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM PST Last Updated: Nov 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM PST

EVERETT, Wash. -- A Safeway security guard is taking heat for the way he questioned a 4-year-old shoplifter in Everett.

Little Savannah Harp recently took a trip to the grocery store with her dad. While they were shopping, Savanna took a package of dried fruit from a shelf.

"She grabbed a bag of apricots - dried apricots - opened them, ate a couple, put it back and the security guard watched her do it," said the girl's mother, Alissa Jones.

Savannah's father didn't notice his daughter's sticky fingers, but a store security guard did.

The guard stopped the pair as they left the store and led them back to a break room.

"He proceeded to tell them, 'Your daughter stole and she's banned from the store, and we're pressing charges. And she needs to sign this form saying she understands she can't come into any Safeways,'" Jones said.

Savannah can't read or write, but the guard, whom Safeway had hired under contract, had her scribble on the paper just the same.

"It's pretty troubling," Jones said. "It's not like she even knows what she was doing."

Savannah's parents aren't the only ones concerned about the way the situation was handled. Company officials said they are outraged by the incident and have fired the security guard.

"Our policies on shoplifting are intended to protect our customers, but built on common sense. And everyone understands what common sense is," said company spokesperson Cherie Myers. "We are as appalled as the parent is. Our division president was absolutely appalled, called the mom and apologized."
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

'Security guard in hot water over treatment of 4-year-old shoplifter' (video) Empty Re: 'Security guard in hot water over treatment of 4-year-old shoplifter' (video)

Post by tmontyb Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:20 am

LOL! The security guard went overboard. He should have just spoken to the father and let him know what the kid had done. Then I would hope the parents would teach their child that was she did was wrong. Opening food in a store, eating it and not paying for it is stealing. Point blank. No cleaning that up.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

'Security guard in hot water over treatment of 4-year-old shoplifter' (video) Empty Re: 'Security guard in hot water over treatment of 4-year-old shoplifter' (video)

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:44 am

LOL. If I was the dad, I would just bring my daughter back in a month. Fuck him. He could've just let the father pay for the bag.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:33 pm

tmontyb wrote:LOL! The security guard went overboard. He should have just spoken to the father and let him know what the kid had done. Then I would hope the parents would teach their child that was she did was wrong. Opening food in a store, eating it and not paying for it is stealing. Point blank. No cleaning that up.

'Security guard in hot water over treatment of 4-year-old shoplifter' (video) 35166

Guard went overboard with the whole signature thing, but I see no reason why he should have ignored it, either.

But "parents" today are different. Mine would have taken action with me; today, they get mad at the ones who catch the kids stealing.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:47 pm

That was over kill for sure
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Thats just stupid. I dont know I think people who are SO uptight such as this guy probably dont have a lot of friends or much of a social life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 4:37 am