CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
Cheaps
Verve
AtownPeep
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
CatEyes10736
Nystyle709
Supernova
Chris
14 posters

If a woman hits a man, should he hit her back?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

If a woman hits a man, should he hit her back? Empty If a woman hits a man, should he hit her back?

Post by Chris Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:51 am

Of course hitting is wrong in general, but what is your opinion of a man who hits a woman after she delivered the first blow?
    Would he be justified (i.e. 'defending himself') in lashing back out physically, or do you believe that under no circumstances should a man ever strike a woman (even if she hits him?)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

If a woman hits a man, should he hit her back? Empty Re: If a woman hits a man, should he hit her back?

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:53 am

That would depend on why she hit him in the first place.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

If a woman hits a man, should he hit her back? Empty Re: If a woman hits a man, should he hit her back?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:05 am

General rule, "you hit me and I have every right to hit you back". I've always said that if a chick wants to act like a man, she can get fucked up like one too. You want everything to be equal, yet a chick would be the first one crying foul if a guy hits her after she puts her hands on him. Keep your hands to yourself. That being said though, I do applaud a guy who would just walk away instead of hitting a girl, even if she's asking for it. But if she strikes him in the face and he socks her back, then hey, you can't fault him for that.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:47 am

I would have more respect for the man if instead of hitting her back physically, he had her charged with assault. It would last longer than a bruise.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:54 am

The way I see it, anyone who hits someone else should be able to take getting hit back. I would never lay hands on a female first, but there's no way in hell a woman is gonna punch me in the face and not get her mouth rocked. I don't care if I'm 6'5 (I'm not) and she's 5'2....what goes around comes back around twice.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:13 am

I am not totally against the idea. But I agree, charge her with assault. If she wants to act like a man, she gets treated like one.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:53 am

I would try to subdue her first before even thinking about striking back. Since men are physically stronger then women it would be easier to restrain her from hitting again until she calms down. I don't like the thought of hitting a woman.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:23 pm

I wouldn't feel that sorry for her, but I wouldn't respect him for hitting her back. I'd still look at him as less of a man for LETTING HER turn him into less of a man by lashing out like that. Sometimes the bigger person has to be "the bigger person".
    Verve
    Verve
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by Verve Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:53 pm

I don't condone a man hitting a woman back, but 7/10 I can't condemn him for it either. Anyone who hits someone else deserves to be hit back.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:37 pm

I'd have more respect for him if he didn't and he'd pin her down, but I really can't talk shit if he did (assuming she struck first).
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 am

It depends on how quickly he reacts. If he even looks like he took a second to think about it, he should have thought of another option. At that point he needs to wait for her to try and hit him AGAIN so he can pin her against a wall and shake the shit out of her real good. I respect physical restraint in this situation.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:26 am

There are too many variables. Why did she hit him? How hard did she hit him? Open hand slap across the face or a closed fist punch to the nose or eye?

Traditionally, gallant men allowed a lady to slap him in anger and get away with it.

But if it is a real hit, then don't play with the boys unless you play by their rules. Expect to be hit back.

And if the guy is much bigger than her, it would be a learning moment - Don't pick fights you can't win.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:30 am

Chris wrote:
    Would he be justified (i.e. 'defending himself') in lashing back out physically,

"Lashing back" means that it is not "defending himself"--- it means retaliation. no matter what the reason for the initial attack, he should just leave and never be involved with her again.

And i disagree with the line "if she wants to act like a man"--- do men act like THAT? I do not want to be associated with men who go around hitting people. But I will say this--- if i saw a woman hit a man, such as my brother or relative etc--- I would hit her... my bro would not feel the need to do so. She'd be on the ground before he could throw a blow! lol
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:02 am

I would defend myself. I'd try to get away from her but if defending myself meant I had to strike her back then so be it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:34 am