Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)

Go down 
+4
RedBedroom
Marc™
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) Empty
PostSubject: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)   Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:32 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/hiv-patients-die-church-tells-stop-meds-healed-god-report-article-1.983069

Quote :
Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God: report
VIDEO: therapy involves screaming to purge the devil, in place of drugs designed to keep HIV patients alive

BY Amanda Mikelberg
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Sunday, November 27 2011, 2:58 AM

At least six HIV-positive people have died after evangelical churches in Britain reportedly told them to stop taking their medication because they had been healed by God.

Pastors at several churches in England and Scotland told undercover Sky News reporters that they could be healed through an exorcism-like process that involves shouting over the patients and spraying water in their faces.

A pastor at the Synagogue Church of all Nations (SCOAN), a wealthy televangelist organization with branches throughout the world, told one undercover reporter - who actually is HIV positive - that they had a 100% success rate.

"We have many people that contract HIV. All are healed," Holmes said.

Holmes even said that if symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea persist, it's a good sign that the virus is leaving the body.

"We've had people come back before saying, 'Oh, I'm not healed. The diarrhea I had when I had HIV, I've got it again'" Holmes said.

"I have to stop them and say, 'No, please, you are free.'"

And according to the Sky News investigation, as many as six individuals have died after churches instructed them to discontinue their medication.

One of the victims, Emmanuel, stopped taking his medicine a year ago after being instructed by a pastor at his church in London.

The pastor told him that once god forgave him, "the disease will definitely go."

But now Emmanuel believes he may have passed his HIV infection to his boyfriend.

"I feel guilty, if I'm the one who passed it onto him I'm feeling guilty. Yeah, very much guilty," he told Sky News.

SCOAN continues to defend and administer it's treatment for the HIV virus, and other diseases.

"If anybody comes in the name of God, we pray for them. The outcome of the prayer will determine if they come genuinely or not," the church asserted in a statement.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/hiv-patients-die-church-tells-stop-meds-healed-god-report-article-1.983069#ixzz1f70RJyRe
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)   Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Oh dear. I wanna laugh, but I can't............
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)   Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Religion conspiring with the devil to destroy people.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)   Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:16 pm

That is very terrible, but I can't feel too sorry for these people. If they wanted to believe they were healed, they sealed their fate.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)   Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:09 pm

But while I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer, putting ones fate completely in the hands of healers is a fool's game. And evangelists and healers are NOT one and same, anyway. I think these so-called evangelists need to be punished; however, I can't remove all blame from the victims, either.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)   Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Well, while the false prophets behind this were wrong, it seems the victims aren't entirely blameless either.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)   Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:37 pm

*shakes head* People are supposed to have more brains than this. They seem to forget that God gave us doctors too, and with doctors came medicine and treatments.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)   Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Supernova wrote:
*shakes head* People are supposed to have more brains than this. They seem to forget that God gave us doctors too, and with doctors came medicine and treatments.

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) 729904
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)   Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:41 am

I don't know what to say about this. It's just sad that these people were desperate for some kind of solace about their condition and fell prey so-called faithful people who would offer them not only false hope but steer them in a dastard direction. Sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)   Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video) Empty

Back to top Go down

Six HIV patients die after church tells them to stop taking meds because they were healed by God (video)
Page 1 of 1