CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
sue67
Pilaring
Chris
gmruss4
trevorrules2
Forgiveness Man
TSJFan4Ever
Crazy4Gaga
12 posters

TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story?

Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 1

TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? Empty TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story?

Post by Crazy4Gaga Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:08 am

I have to say their storyline, dealing with Tea's illness, Todd helping out Dani by trying to save Nate's hide, are very "diet" storylines.Meaning they can be a lot better but I'm simply taking it for now and an still watching/invested in Todd and Tea. I loove Tea, I don't want my girl FL to leave! So here's hoping it turns out she doesn't die. I just wish Blair wasn't involved like she is in TnT's story-she and Tea should never be best friends.

I'm also so happy that Dani is finally growing for me-first I didn't like her(not just b/c of her OTT andtoo long-drawn out attitude with Todd, I simply found her unneccesary to TnT's story(meaning I think they could be be just fine as a couple without a child) and I do admit the super SORASing kind of was annoying, but KM works sooo well with Trev and Flor. It's just so great how onscreen they come off so believable esp lately in their chem and physicality, as a family. I just don't care for her and Nate, he's another useless boring teen.

After the whole illness storyline blows over, I am aching for some more action for my boy Todd. He sorely needs a new enemy to face off and have some exciting story with!

Last edited by CrazyForGaga on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? Empty Re: TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Trevor and Flo are doing a great job with this storyline but it's one that should have been handled in a different way. Giving Téa a type of cancer that has no cure was wrong unless they really planned on killing her off, like Scotty and Dom on GH, of John and Isabella on Days. If they wanted to pull out a miracle cure, they could have still had all of the angst and drama with a kind of cancer that has a way to be treated or cured - have a bone marrow donor come through in the end, or something like that. I have a real problem with soap operas handling storylines like this and pulling out miracle cures. I lost any remaining respect I had for GH when Nikolas' magic snot cured Emily. GH presented it as love curing Emily's cancer and I was so insulted and offended and outraged because at the time, a friend was dying of cancer and here was GH, saying that love can cure all. Yes we're expected to suspend out beliefs when watching soaps, but GH handled Emily's breast cancer storyline in a way that was a true insult to anyone who has ever battled cancer. I already hated the show at that point and was biding my time until I could quit, but it got to the point where I couldn't even stomach the storyline, so insulting was it. Magic snot and a kiss? Of course it didn't help that GH chose to parallel Passions and go off on some stupid adventures with Nik & Em that made it even worse. They also completely ruined Sleeping Beauty for me. I can't watch that movie or even think about it without seeing Nik & Em's lust for each other and how ABC and Disney tried to portray them as Sleeping Beauty and the Prince.

Whoops - sorry for the rant about GH - got carried away. This story is full of drama, and I don't want Téa to die, but the kind of cancer they gave her just can't be cured. Trevor lost his cousin to this same kind of cancer only a few months ago. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. I just wish they'd chosen a different kind of cancer where there actually is hope.

KM is brilliant and I've loved the latest Todd/Dani interactions, but I struggled with the whole age thing, too. There was a fabulous little actress on GL that would have been an amazing Dani, and just the right age. With the way Starr was acting, I think it would have been far more intersting, if they were going to bring on a teenage Dani, to have brought her on as a mini-Starr. Have her be the way Starr was before she was ruined and then create rivalry between Starr and Dani as Starr struggles with her jealousy over the sister who is now the "centre" of her Dad's attention, though I put "centre" in quotations because that's how it would appear to Starr. She'd see Dani getting all this attention and know she was behaving like a total bitch thanks to Cole and there'd be this big battle between the two sisters. By turning Dani into such a monster for so long, TPTB really hurt the character IMO. They didn't have to draw it out so long, nor make her such a monster. It's only been this last week where I've really been interested in her again, though I liked her for the first month or so. I also wish they'd have her wise-up a little where Ross is concerned. The blind hero worship toward Ross is as bad as John and Nora's obsession with finding fault for Todd no matter what.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? Empty Re: TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:24 pm

I think TSJ and Flo are doing great. Their story is good when it's moving, and kind of flat when it's not.
    Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Crazy4Gaga Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:33 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:

Whoops - sorry for the rant about GH - got carried away. This story is full of drama, and I don't want Téa to die, but the kind of cancer they gave her just can't be cured. Trevor lost his cousin to this same kind of cancer only a few months ago. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. I just wish they'd chosen a different kind of cancer where there actually is hope.

I couldn't agree with that sentiment more. You know come to think of it, perhaps that is why poor TSJ hasn't come forth with any comments on Tea's illness storyline-it's all too close and personal with him. Must be painful most definitely. TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? Kopfschuettel Certainly I don't respect the writers choosing this type of illness when it could have been a more moderately severe type.
    trevorrules2
    trevorrules2
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by trevorrules2 Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:14 pm

CrazyForGaga wrote:
    I couldn't agree with that sentiment more. You know come to think of it, perhaps that is why poor TSJ hasn't come forth with any comments on Tea's illness storyline-it's all too close and personal with him. Must be painful most definitely. TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? Kopfschuettel Certainly I don't respect the writers choosing this type of illness when it could have been a more moderately severe type.

That's why I hate this storyline with Tea. It's not only cruel and insenstive to those who lost real life members to this type of Brian Tumor.

But Trevor just lived through this in real life with his cousin. He only lost his cousin in Febuary. But he has to do it and can't say he doesn't want too. Can't tell his boss no.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:25 pm

I think they are doing good wth it, I just want Tea to tell Dani and stop acting like she has all the time in the world so she and Todd can start the bonding process. They need to be handling this as a family.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:43 pm

For me, they are the only reason to watch. TnT are anchoring the show, and other stories loosely attached (Eli/Hannah/Ford/Cole/Marty's baby) are benefiting from them.
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:29 pm

Chris wrote:For me, they are the only reason to watch. TnT are anchoring the show, and other stories loosely attached (Eli/Hannah/Ford/Cole/Marty's baby) are benefiting from them.

TnT are my faves but LAST summer I thought Matthew's fight for surgery storyline was the better, most consistently written story and provided the emotional heartfelt appeal the show badly needed. So I watched for TnT AND Matthew's saga.

This summer I find TnT are the only emotionally heartfelt story and they are my only reason to watch. It's not perfect. I absolutely loathe the contrived and very fake Sainted Blair coddles poor helpless Tea crap.

However, FL easily delivering the most compelling performance and recently the focus has returned where it should be on Todd and Dani's reactions to Tea's illness. I FLOVE Dani but it's beyond time for her to show Tea the affection we've seen the last 2 weeks. I could support Dani dissing Todd (though I love him) b/c I understood where she was coming from. I could never get behind her hating so badly on Tea and very glad to see FL/KM sell the heck out of their recent loving moments.

As for Todd/Dani dynamic, RC missed the boat so many times with these two but I see some real hope at last and glad the bonding started before Dani learns of Tea dying. I like she turned to Todd for help and he's so obviously wants to make her proud.
    sue67
    sue67
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by sue67 Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Well it's about the best relationship SL going on where you really care about the characters, Vicky and Charlie are somewhat interesting but anything Vicky related under RC I have learned never to invest in. Less Blair would be nice and I would rather see Tea struggle with treatments in the up coming months instead of some lame operation and bam cured, it would give RC a chance to undo the damage by missing the boat on how he handled Dani and Todd's relationship and would get rid of that quick gimmick feeling that been plaguing the show for years. TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? 197493
    trevorrules2
    trevorrules2
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? Empty Well You Know What Sue

Post by trevorrules2 Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:05 pm

I rather see the instant cure than have this Tea tumor storyline dragged out for six months to the point of saying just get this storyline over with already.

And we know how RC drags storylines out until you'll sick them and want the storyline to just end. Because that's what he does.

Further more I will of took a better storyline to bring Todd and Dani together than her mothers illness. Some action pack storyline that could of bought them together not this.

Trevor only has until next April left on his contract. And this is not the storyline I wanted to see him in until his contract comes to an end.

I wanted to see Todd finally fighting up against an another villian, a newspaper story and something interesting than this. Todd action is what I wanted to see. But I guess am getting it now.

So he'll end up married to Tea the show will give TNT fans their payoff storyline, Todd and Dani will get along and he'll be involved with Tea's illness. With Todd just being there.

Sorry not happy about that. Can't hold back the way I feel.
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:30 pm

sue67 wrote:Well it's about the best relationship SL going on where you really care about the characters, Vicky and Charlie are somewhat interesting but anything Vicky related under RC I have learned never to invest in. Less Blair would be nice and I would rather see Tea struggle with treatments in the up coming months instead of some lame operation and bam cured, it would give RC a chance to undo the damage by missing the boat on how he handled Dani and Todd's relationship and would get rid of that quick gimmick feeling that been plaguing the show for years. TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? 197493

Hi Sue,

I am holding out hope that Greg's insistence that the radiation has a small chance of shrinking the tumor and that comes about. I really enjoyed how Todd and Tea as a couple and invidiuals been written the last few weeks.

RC has delved into the depths far more with them than any other characters. We get their motivations while not always agreeing with their choices (ahem Tea lying to Dani and Todd) and I feel like they are only two fully fledged characters. For example, we see Tea working on Markko and Todd's cases, despite her illness being a shark lawyer remains very much her persona. Tea control freak that she is, needed Todd to shatter her control and she admitted how afraid she is.

Todd for his part, been written best in quite a while. He's a bad ass with anyone who threatens his family, playing protective dad and tender and supporting with Tea. I also loved his scenes with Hannah and how he's became laser focused she was key to who pushed Marty and caught on she knew more about Ford's attacks. RC's letting his Toddian instincts for sniffing out hypocrites and liars work again.

Anyhoo, I never wanted Todd and Dani overnight cozy relationship. I still think they are too alike and will always butt heads but RC screwed up keeping these two isolated from each other. The more Dani sees of Todd, it's not the more she hates him, but the more she gets how complicated he is and also finding like her mom, he sometimes can blow you away with his support. It was ironic Todd and Dani were keeping a SECRET from Todd this last week. Those scenes of them actually being honest and open, Todd admitting his hurt that Dani just wanted to take his money to stick it to him... and Dani admitting she cared about HIS safety and thanking him sincerely. There LISTENED to each other at long last.
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:39 pm

trevorrules2 wrote:I wanted to see Todd finally fighting up against an another villian, a newspaper story and something interesting than this. Todd action is what I wanted to see. But I guess am getting it now.

So he'll end up married to Tea the show will give TNT fans their payoff storyline, Todd and Dani will get along and he'll be involved with Tea's illness. With Todd just being there.

While I loved the TnT fight scene over her dying and his tenderness during treatment, he's had a lot more going on.

I feel like we're finally again seeing the many facets of Todd Manning the last couple of weeks. Jumping all over the Ford attacked story at the Sun, intimidating and pressuring Hannah, being a bad ass and protective dad with Bull and tender with Tea.

Hopefully Todd catches a whiff of Eli's darkness soon and be involved with that takedown but it's very Toddian to get obsessed with his loved ones when there's danger of losing them.
    LuvTnT
    LuvTnT
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by LuvTnT Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:11 pm

I absolutely LOVE Trevor and Florencia's chemistry! I don't know what it is about them, but there is something so natural between these two actors and I think it's unmatched! Maybe it's the fact that they both love to adlib verbally and physically, but it comes so well on screen. When they fight, you just want them to start making out already to steam up the scream. lol

As a longtime TnT fan, I love this storyline. I will admit that I'm a little nervous with the end result of Tea possibly dying, but I would hope TPTB aren't that stupid to let such a great character and talented actress go. However this storyline is bringing TnT closer than ever before which I'm excited to see. TSJ must be thrilled these days since he's been getting some action packed material (such as the Cole drama and now the hostage situation) combined with the emotional stuff with Tea's illness. I've never enjoyed Todd as much as I do now!

I did enjoy seeing TnT interact with other characters for the last few months, however I'm excited that both characters are back where they belong - in each other's orbits! As for Todd and Dani - LOVE them. Starr has been so boring the last few years with her obsession with Cole - she lost her inner Manning. However with Dani, she's the real deal! Since I love the character of Todd Manning, I adore Dani!! I have a feeling these two will be closer than ever and their bond will be very strong.

So far I think RC is doing a good job with this storyline!
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:57 pm

I think RC is doing a good job with this story too. My only problem with it has been how he gets hot with it, then shoves it to the back burner, then gets hot with it again.
    Mystique72
    Mystique72
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Mystique72 Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:19 am

I also think RC is doing a good job with their story. Loved the scenes we got with Todd and Tea after he found out. And the scenes during and after her treatment were wonderful.
    aublack40
    aublack40
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by aublack40 Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:39 am

sometimes RC acts likes he gets TnT completely and other times he hasn't a clue
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Hey really is hot and cold with them. His biggest mistake was bringing in Blaire and making it about her.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:18 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Hey really is hot and cold with them. His biggest mistake was bringing in Blaire and making it about her.

I agree that RC is very hot and cold with TnT. When it's hot, it's smoldering...but when it's cold, it's like a frozen hot-dog. Unfortunately, when he's cold with TnT, his writing for them does very little to keep things partially simmering, which IMO is where he fails. It's a rule of thumb in the soap world to keep couples apart for longer than are together, but RC fails at keeping the spark properly lit.
    trevorrules2
    trevorrules2
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? Empty Am With Aublack40

Post by trevorrules2 Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:30 am

It runs hot and cold. Their really not together. Now you have Blair and Kelly in Todd's orbit. So how can Tea fight back if you she's wants to fight for Todd?

They gave her this brian tumor storyline where she's going to always be weak, sick all the time. If she wanted to fight back against Blair or Kelly she's not going to be strong enough to do it. Because she's always going to be to sick all the time. Plus Tea and Blair are best friends now.

Plus the fact Todd admits he loves Tea. I haven't heard her say she loves him back. The last interview RC did with Michael Fairman told the story for me. When he RC said Todd and Tea have a great love story but that's it And Todd and Blair are always their because their the token super couple. To this day I took that he was finish with them. That's how I saw it.

Sorry Blair will always be in their storyline. RC loves Blair and will keep her in their storyline.

And that's where the hot and cold comes from.

RC, FV and BF will do what they want. I don't honestly see TNT ever being together alone in a storyline. Blair will always be in the backgroud of their storylines. As long as these guys are around.
    sue67
    sue67
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by sue67 Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:06 am

Poor Tea she's still passed out on the floor Todd and Dani are going to be up-set when they find out that she had know one there to help her if Blair shows up and she will because she's glued to Tea's side now TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? Icon_mad well it will be good TV when they all meet up anyway. TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? 588337
    LuvTnT
    LuvTnT
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by LuvTnT Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 am

trevorrules2 wrote:It runs hot and cold. Their really not together. Now you have Blair and Kelly in Todd's orbit. So how can Tea fight back if you she's wants to fight for Todd?

They gave her this brian tumor storyline where she's going to always be weak, sick all the time. If she wanted to fight back against Blair or Kelly she's not going to be strong enough to do it. Because she's always going to be to sick all the time. Plus Tea and Blair are best friends now.

Plus the fact Todd admits he loves Tea. I haven't heard her say she loves him back. The last interview RC did with Michael Fairman told the story for me. When he RC said Todd and Tea have a great love story but that's it And Todd and Blair are always their because their the token super couple. To this day I took that he was finish with them. That's how I saw it.

Sorry Blair will always be in their storyline. RC loves Blair and will keep her in their storyline.

And that's where the hot and cold comes from.

RC, FV and BF will do what they want. I don't honestly see TNT ever being together alone in a storyline. Blair will always be in the backgroud of their storylines. As long as these guys are around.

I think RC hates Blair. LOL He hasn't given her a main storyline in years and finally she got a guy, Eli, who now will be ruined. Blair will always be in TODD'S story, not just TnT. I mean that if Todd pairs up with Kelly - Blair will be EVEN MORE involved in Todd's orbit. Basically Todd can't have a storyline without Blair and that's how it has always been... even when they were testing Todd with Evangeline, it was about his love for Blair and he finally went back to her. ugh

Tea shouldn't have to fight for Todd so her being weak shouldn't matter. If she needs to be strong to fight off other women for Todd, then she deserves better. She deserves a man that WANTS her and only her and right now, Todd is that guy. He has been so amazing with her since he found out about her tumor and has declared his love again. Judging from spoilers, TnT fans have alot of stuff to look forward to!!!
    trevorrules2
    trevorrules2
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

TnT fans, currently what is your stand on them/their story? Empty And That's RC's Whole Problem Is

Post by trevorrules2 Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:10 pm

He writes triangles not single romances.

Andfrankly am sick and tired of Todd always being written asthe bad guy against these woman.With Blair he's the bad guy, with Tea he's the bad guy am tired of this too.

Especially when fans think she deserves better if Tea has to fight for Todd.

Please when RC starts writing woman charactesrs just as flawless as the men are.

Which they are than I'll go for the couples than.

Their finally be on equal ground.Besides the woman saints and the men sinners.

It doesn't roll like that in real life considering the recent case of a wife hiring a hit man to kill her husband.

That just proveswoman could be as worst as the men are are too.
    LuvTnT
    LuvTnT
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by LuvTnT Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Tea has had to fight for Todd for years. Tea shouldn't have to always fight for him. However right now, Todd ONLY wants to be with Tea and I'm glad the writers are letting the fans know that TnT is about LOVE these days. He's turned Blair down and now has turned Kelly down (thank god). I think RC has written Tea with many flaws - especially when it comes to the issues with Dani. He also writes Blair as a complete slut and obsessed with Todd... not a complement to Blair fans.

The character of Todd will always be full of flaws, that's one thing I love about the him! One of the reasons why I hate John McBain because he's always the hero and saint, but Todd is definitely a sinner which makes me a great and popular character.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:17 pm

ITA trevorules02 - I'm sick of Todd always being written as the bad guy, too. Todd really can't win. Blaire sluts herself out to every guy that looks twice at her, uses her kids as weapons when she wants revenge on Todd, but because of what Todd did when jack was a baby and because of his past, Blaire is given a free ride. Tea knew there was a good chance Dani could be Todd's and yet she lied to everyone for years and continued lying to Todd for a year, and yet he's the bad guy because of his past. No matter what Todd does, he's the bad guy. A little balance would be nice.

I think RC is going to turn this into a triangle, too. He seems to love them. Blaire is still obsessed with Todd, given the way she goes on and on about him and can't get him out of her mind. He's going to play on the TnB past, even though it's clear Todd has moved on, while Blaire can't get him out of her mind. RC might just swing this into a quadrange - Blaire, Kelly and Téa battling it out for Todd while he stays loyal to Téa. I wish i had more faith in RC but I really don't know what end game is for Todd. Blaire is nothing without him and has almost no storyline without Todd. Kelly doesn't have much of a storyline, either. Todd seems to be the only option for either of them to get a storyline and TnT share a daughter, and he really loves her, so who knows.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Kral wrote:I think RC is doing a good job with this story too. My only problem with it has been how he gets hot with it, then shoves it to the back burner, then gets hot with it again.
    That's RC for you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:19 pm