Would you adopt a special needs pet? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you adopt a special needs pet?

Go down 
+4
CeCe
Bluesmama
Cheaps
CatEyes10736
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

Would you adopt a special needs pet? Empty
PostSubject: Would you adopt a special needs pet?   Would you adopt a special needs pet? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:49 am

If you were planning to adopt an animal from an animal shelter would you adopt one that has special needs or some kind of deformity? By special needs I mean an animal that may need a special diet or special accommodations made for it in your home because it's missing a limb, is blind or deaf, etc.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Would you adopt a special needs pet?   Would you adopt a special needs pet? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:58 am

No I wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Would you adopt a special needs pet?   Would you adopt a special needs pet? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:02 am

No. We take a lot of trips and are too lazy to juggle pets with playtime. We're not pet-people at all.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Would you adopt a special needs pet?   Would you adopt a special needs pet? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:11 am

If I were in a situation where I could give the animal the time & care it deserves I would. But otherwise it wouldn't be fair to the animal.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Would you adopt a special needs pet?   Would you adopt a special needs pet? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:29 am

I'd do it, as long as the animal still had a decent quality of life--one of those scenarios where treatments, etc. start to go overboard just to keep the animal alive need to be looked at to see if it's truly worth it, but overall I wouldn't have a problem with a special needs animal.

I did dialysis at home on two cats of mine in the past when they went into renal failure due to old age, but there, too, came a time to stop and let go.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you adopt a special needs pet?   Would you adopt a special needs pet? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Nah. I wouldnt adopt any pet.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Would you adopt a special needs pet?   Would you adopt a special needs pet? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:25 pm

Bless anyone who loves animals enough to be that patient and nurturing, but I don't think I could handle the rigamarole of caring for a special needs pet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would you adopt a special needs pet?   Would you adopt a special needs pet? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 pm

I wouldn't unless it was something that did not require a lot of specialized care. An animal with a missing limb can often get around just fine and does not require costly meds.

When I was a young adult and got permission from the apartment manager to get a cat, I had trouble finding one for free. I couldn't go to the humane society because I wasn't going to pay the extra $25 the building owners required for cats. The managers were going to let me have one "off the record."

I found one in a suburb and went to see it. The cat was on the feline equivalent to Prozac. It cost a lot per month, and I certainly declined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you adopt a special needs pet?   Would you adopt a special needs pet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you adopt a special needs pet?
Page 1 of 1