Herman Cain drops out of presidential race Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Herman Cain drops out of presidential race

Go down 
+4
AtownPeep
CeCe
Nystyle709
Marc™
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Herman Cain drops out of presidential race Empty
PostSubject: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race   Herman Cain drops out of presidential race EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Quote :

Herman Cain drops out of presidential race 241050220-03094227
People wait outside holding signs before Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain speaks at the scheduled opening of a local campaign headquarters on Saturday in Atlanta. (Scott Olson/Getty Images)

By James Oliphant

December 3, 2011, 10:46 a.m.
Herman Cain, the insurgent populist whose candidacy has been ensnared by allegations of sexual impropriety, said Saturday that he is leaving the race for the Republican presidential nomination, saying that the allegations have cast a "cloud of doubt over me and this campaign."

"As of today, with a lot of prayer and soul searching, I am suspending my presidential campaign," he said at an event in Atlanta. "I am suspending my presidential campaign because of the continued distraction, the continued hurt . . . on me, on my family, not because we are not fighters, not because I am not a fighter."

Cain's campaign had sent mixed signals as to his future since Ginger White, an Atlanta woman who claims to have had an affair with Cain for more than a decade, went public with her story earlier this week. While Cain has said he has been "reassessing" his candidacy, he also, at times, has been fiercely defiant, suggesting that unnamed enemies have been trying to do him in and vowing to press forward.

"The pundits would like for me to shut up, drop out and go away," he said. "I am not going to be silenced, and I am not going away."

White's claims came after Cain faced weeks of allegations of sexual misconduct by at least three women stemming from his tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Assn. in the late 1990s.

Even as Cain continued to decry the claims as "false" and "baseless," the sheer weight of the scandal has taken a brutal toll on the campaign, diverting Cain from advocating the "9-9-9" tax plan that helped turn him into a household name almost overnight, costing him financial support, and damaging him in the polls.

He was also hurt by a series of costly gaffes and confused moments, particularly with regard to foreign affairs, that exposed the Atlanta businessman's lack of experience on the national political stage. Added together, the tumult persuaded conservatives looking for a champion to turn elsewhere, with most now casting their eyes at Newt Gingrich.

Source:
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-cain-announcement-20111203,0,889996.story
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race   Herman Cain drops out of presidential race EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:08 pm

LOL. He would've lost anyway.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race   Herman Cain drops out of presidential race EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
LOL. He would've lost anyway.
co-signs
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race   Herman Cain drops out of presidential race EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Shrugs (Oh well…)

I wasn't gonna vote for him no way.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race   Herman Cain drops out of presidential race EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:50 am

Um...hmm. Can't say I didn't see this coming.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race   Herman Cain drops out of presidential race EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 pm

He was just a flash in the pan candidate anyway.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race   Herman Cain drops out of presidential race EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Not liking that he sent a bad message to the liberal smear crew, but it's one less guy to divide the vote against Romney.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race   Herman Cain drops out of presidential race EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:34 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:
He was just a flash in the pan candidate anyway.

I agree. His entire candidacy seemed like a blind, while the real candidate was getting their ducks together behind the scenes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herman Cain drops out of presidential race   Herman Cain drops out of presidential race Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1