Shame (2011) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shame (2011)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JWF
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
Rep : 4

Shame (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Shame (2011)   Shame (2011) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Wow! One of the most scorching riveting film accounts of human sexual behavior I've ever seen. Brandon (Michael Fassbender) has a compulsion, which is as addicted as any drug addict or alcoholic. He lives off of sex. Sex of all kinds, as long as it doesn't end up in a commitment. He spends very little time thinking of much else. His anger is nourished by sex, sex and more sex.

Brandon visit's the sex clubs, hires prostitutes, does the bar scenes, preys the Manhattan subways. But what ever sexual road Brandon travels he never seems fulfilled. The opening reel very graphically tells us where Brandon's mind is. He's not a slob, but polished, good looking and intelligent.

Life begin to change for Brandon when unannounced his younger sister (Carey Mulligan) Sissy arrives. For opposite reasons Sissy is also a damaged and tormented individual.

As you watch Brandon and Sissy you realize there's something sickly wrong. The director/writer felt it wasn't necessary to tell us about their younger family days (I agree). It shows upon the hurt they enforce on themselves. It's written in sadness.

A great character study of lonely damaged souls, carried out by two terrific performances, who deserve Oscar nominations.

This film is not for everyone. Just remember it rated NC-17. But please don't stay away because you may think it's all about sex

4.5/5 Stars
Jack
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Shame (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame (2011)   Shame (2011) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:57 pm

I was planning to see it this weekend, but the limited release did not mean South Florida. Got an e-mail response from Rene Rodriguez, movie critic with The Miami Herald. He said it will open here on the 16th of Dec. and that his interview with Fassbender will be in next Sunday's paper.

So, gotta wait for two weeks.
Back to top Go down
JWF
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
Rep : 4

Shame (2011) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame (2011)   Shame (2011) EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:38 pm

In my opinion it's worth the wait. I plan on seeing "Shame" once again

Jack
Back to top Go down