CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
CatEyes10736
CeCe
Nystyle709
Jason B.
Marc™
Wadsworth
NIKOL99
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
SecHandNews
Chris
15 posters

The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread Empty The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread

Post by Chris Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 am

The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread 300px-American_Idol_Title_Card
    The
    American Idol
    Discussion thread!
    Discuss all things Idol-related here.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread Empty The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread

Post by Chris Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Whether Howard Stern will or won't join American Idol as the judge replacing Simon Cowell, is one of the hot debates on the Internet right now. And, of course, Howard is fanning the flames of the controversy by insulting everyone connected to the "karaoke show", especially Simon, Ellen, and Ryan Seacrest. I've just learned Howard Stern is indeed "being considered" as a judge but my sources tell me that "Ellen is not in favor" of his joining the panel.

Ellen DeGeneres tonight makes her American Idol show debut. And when you watch, remember that I recently reported that, on her first day taping the Hollywood segment, Simon Cowell showed up an hour and a half late for the taping. And Ellen stewed while she waited for him. She had reason: to accommodate both her talk show hosting duties and her American Idol judging duties, she had moved up her schedule so that now she shot the talk show earlier in the day and then jumped in the car to go to Idol. She was on time, and Cowell was not. "Here it was the first day of taping of the Hollywood shows, and Ellen was there waiting for Simon to show up. Ellen's new to the gig and she's very organized and she made a commitment to take this on, and now she's asking herself, 'What did I get myself into?' She called Simon Cowell a prima donna. So right from the start, the chemistry isn't great," an insider tells us.

It'll be interesting to see tonight whether the tension between Ellen and Simon is visible. (Or even edited out...) But as I reported previously, Ellen after the taping contacted the pal who brought her to the primetime hit show, Fox alternative programming chief Mike Darnell, and made a request: she asked him to "hurry up and pick" Simon's successor. Now she doesn't want Howard Stern as a judge.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread Empty Re: The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread

Post by SecHandNews Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:02 am

That would be awful. Simon is an industry professional and even if it is harsh, he usually makes a valid point in his critiques of the performers. Howard Stern would just be crass for the sake of being crass.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread Empty Re: The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread

Post by RedBedroom Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Of course I am no industry expert, but I don't see him being well-received. I can't imagine the majority of the show's demographic thinking he is appropriate to fill Simon's shoes.

Do teens and 20-somethings even like Stern? I have really never been a fan, so I have no gauge on what those younger than I think of him.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:25 am

Wow I don't blame him Didi sang a helluva lot better than Tim Urban. Problem with AI is that all these teeny boppers are voting to keep bad talent in just because of a cute face.

http://americanidolnet.com/breaking-simon-cowell-quits-american-idol-over-tim-urban/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AmericanIdolNet+%28American+Idol+2010%29
    NIKOL99
    NIKOL99
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by NIKOL99 Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:23 am

Uh-huh.
    Neener...neener...neener. :face:
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:09 pm

What annoys me is how it hogs up the airtime. This show could be over next week if they just put the 4 best singers up against each other: Crystal, Siobhan, Big Mike and Lee. You really think Tim Urban is going to be the next Idol? The others don't stand a chance and its obvious as the time goes on. I think either Crystal or Siobhan are going to be the final 2. Why is it the judges are always criticizing their clothing and hairstyles and putting them down instead of encouraging them?
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:51 pm

It they would just cut out all the useless chatter in between songs and nix the video footage of a day in the life of the competitors, the show wouldn't even need to air twice a week. American Idol reminds me of a McDonald's Big Mac: too much bread and lettuce, not enough meat.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:39 am

Exactly they waste so much time on that show, all 12 could sing their hearts out in an hour.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Ellen DeGeneres Leaves `American Idol' After One Season
    By Andy Fixmer -
    Jul 29, 2010 6:10 PM PST

Ellen DeGeneres will leave “American Idol,” the Fox talent show that has dominated U.S. ratings for seven years, after being a judge for one season.

“This didn’t feel like the right fit for me,” DeGeneres said today in a statement e-mailed by the News Corp. broadcast network. “While I love discovering, supporting and nurturing young talent, it was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings.”

DeGeneres’s departure comes amid other changes at the show, which saw ratings drop about 9 percent last season and is losing sharp-tongued judge Simon Cowell to a new talent contest on Fox. The network has talked to Nigel Lythgoe about returning as executive producer of “Idol,” the New York Times reported on July 27.

“We love Ellen and understand and support her decision to bow out,” Peter Rice, entertainment chairman at Fox Networks, said in the statement.

News Corp., the New York-based media company controlled by Rupert Murdoch, lost 2 cents to $12.96 today in Nasdaq Stock Market trading and has fallen 5.3 percent this year.

“American Idol” was the most-watched prime-time program in the broadcast TV season that ended in May. The twice-weekly talent contest averaged 24.9 million viewers on Tuesday nights and 23.7 million on Wednesday nights. The show was also the most popular program among the 18-to-49 year-old viewers that advertisers target.

Cowell said in January he would leave “Idol” to host a U.S. version of the music competition “X Factor,” which he created in the U.K. He will be an executive producer and a judge.

Fox hasn’t announced a replacement for Cowell. TV networks are previewing shows at the Television Critics Association in Beverly Hills, California. Fox’s presentation is Aug. 2.

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-30/ellen-degeneres-leaves-american-idol-show-after-one-season-as-a-judge.html
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:44 am

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:24 am

Ugh, not thinking this is a great move for Lopez, but I may be wrong...I don't like AI.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:49 pm

American Idol tenth season promo shots.

The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread Jlo4-767x1024
    The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread Jlo53-1024x962
    The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread Jlo-9-824x1024
    The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread Jlo2-632x1024

The tenth season starts on January 19.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Steven Tyler looks like his face is melting. How could he have such a beautiful daughter, and she looks like him.

The 'American Idol' Discussion Thread Liv_tyler_50

Last edited by Tony Marino on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:20 pm

If Steven Tyler and Janice Dickinson stood next to each other, we'd barely be able to tell them apart.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:16 am

They may as well let this be AI's final season because I'm not feeling this new lineup at all. Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, you got to be kidding me!

Plus does anyone even remember who won last season???
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Jason B. wrote:They may as well let this be AI's final season because I'm not feeling this new lineup at all. Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, you got to be kidding me!

It should be easy for Jennifer Lopez to judge someone else's singing. She should know that if they sound just like her, they don't need to move on to the next round.

Jordin Sparks?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Jason B. wrote:They may as well let this be AI's final season because I'm not feeling this new lineup at all. Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, you got to be kidding me!

It should be easy for Jennifer Lopez to judge someone else's singing. She should know that if they sound just like her, they don't need to move on to the next round.

Jordin Sparks?

Ummmmmmmmmm I think it was a guy..........Lee DeWyze??
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Jordin Sparks?

Nah she won three years ago. Lee DeWyze (I had to look it up) won last season.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 am

Did anyone see the premiere? I totally forgot about it, but another episode comes on tonight. Let's see if I can remember to watch it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:38 am

I watched the first Hour before I switched it to Modern Family. It sucked, they sent waaaaaaaay too many people to Hollywood, bet the producers were not very happy with that!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:15 pm

I agree about too many being put through. I'm not liking this new judge lineup. Maybe that will change but I doubt it. Not seeing myself following it for long.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm always completely disinterested in the audition phase of the show....that's why I usually wind up missing the season, because I call myself sitting that part. By the time I remember to come back, the season is almost over. Wish they would just get to the stage competition.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:48 am

Lately a lot of people you see at the audition seem to mysteriously disappear once it gets to the Hollywood phase.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Check this 15 year old boy out!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:26 pm