CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
RedBedroom
Supernova
6 posters

Who have you read the most biographies about?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Who have you read the most biographies about? Empty Who have you read the most biographies about?

Post by Supernova Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:50 pm

If you read biographies, is there any one person you've read more books about than the others?

Of all the people I read about there really aren't a lot that come to mind that I've been able to read more than one book on...but I think the one I've read most on, with a total of 3 books (go ahead and laugh), is James Dean, there's James Dean the Mutant King, James Dean: Short Life, and the biography James Dean by George Perry. Coming in second would be Katharine Hepburn with her autobiography Me: Stories of My Life, and the biography by Gary Carey, I'd also started reading on the one by Charles Higham but never got far in it. Though I have 2 or 3 books on W.C. Fields, but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

Anybody else?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Who have you read the most biographies about? Empty Re: Who have you read the most biographies about?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:38 pm

I have only ever read one per person.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Who have you read the most biographies about? Empty Re: Who have you read the most biographies about?

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm also onto the third biography of David Bowie, I wonder if he'll ever write his own life story. confused
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:02 am

<------------------------------
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:<------------------------------

We could guess. big grin How many books on him have you read, NY?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:58 am

Supernova wrote:

We could guess. Who have you read the most biographies about? 273237 How many books on him have you read, NY?

I can't guess a number. Any one that I find on him that I haven't read, I'll read. Some of them have been total trash though. I hate it when they get pertinent details wrong.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Mostly it's been multiple books about Anne Boleyn,as well as her daughter, Queen Elizabeth I.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Not a specific person, but most biographies I have read have beeb about presidents--typically the first 5-6 presidents.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:48 am

I have several books on Catherine the Great, the romanovs, Henry VIII and his wives, the clintons (both for them and against them), mary queen of scots
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:31 am

wants2laugh wrote:I have several books on Catherine the Great, the romanovs, Henry VIII and his wives, the clintons (both for them and against them), mary queen of scots

Did you know that Katharine Hepburn was related to Mary, Queen of Scots, whom incidentally she portrayed in a movie once, and absolutely despised and said it was no wonder her head was cut off?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:58 am

I knew they were related, and I knew she played her, but didnt know she hated her! lol

that lady had to deal with a lot of crap... especially while pregnant. people plotting against her, even her husband. She was like 5 months pregnant and rode horseback on a difficult journey to save herself from plotters and protect her baby, James I who translated the bible into english.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:39 pm