CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Nhaiyel
Impact
RedBedroom
Kral
Nystyle709
Chris
10 posters

Imprisoned relatives?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Imprisoned relatives? Empty Imprisoned relatives?

Post by Chris Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:08 am

After reading Cateyes' thread about if you've ever been arrested, it got me to wondering: do you have any relatives who're currently in prison? If so, what sent them there?
    (you don't have to answer that if it's too personal...a simple yes or no is fine.)

I have an uncle who was just paroled after spending nine years in prison on for rape in the second degree.
    By and large, the family has shunned him, so I have no idea where he actually lives now.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Imprisoned relatives? Empty Re: Imprisoned relatives?

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Not currently, but I have uncles who've been in and out of jail. I think most families has someone who has or has had issues with incarceration.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:30 pm

A cousin of mine is always in and out of jail and prison, usually on petty theft charges.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:03 pm

Yes I do. Not related to me, but is in my guy's family. And it is interesting as he just got off his parole, and is back to drinking. I did not think he would go back so fast.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:44 am

A cousin on my dad's side is currently serving time for pulling a gun on someone (and firing shots in the air) during some sort of scuffle. He'd been in trouble before and this one I guess was the last straw.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:27 am

To my knowledge, I don't have any relatives who are incarcerated, right now...
    I did have a fool cousin who spent seven years in the pen for sticking someone up for their jacket. Seven years was a bit long for such an offense, so my guess is that he must have had priors.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:43 pm

bump
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:57 pm

A couple of arrests. One in law got probation. I'm not sure about the other. He may have done a short stretch, I don't know because he lives out of state and we've lost contact with him for stretches but not for lack of trying on our part.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Funny this was brought up again, I was just going to ask it the other day, and to answer, yes, unfortunately.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:12 pm

A brother-in-law who was a prison guard was sent up for 6 years (with 4 other guards) for actions they supposedly did during a prison riot. This was at the time of the Rodney King incident so I think they got long terms due to the prejudice of the moment.

He is a good man and did not deserve that. What ppl don't realize is the strain on the family when someone goes to prison. His two teen daughters not only lost a father for those years but the loss of income made it hard on the family. My wife and I had to help with the support.

There could have been some alternative sentence, rather than wasting more money to house those prisoners for 6 years. But Florida, like most of Dixie is not renowned for being progressive.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:30 pm

I have a nephew that's been in jail a few times (violent temper), a great-nephew that was in jail once (clobbered his mother), and a niece who spent most of her adult life at the women's prison in Chowchilla (drugs and likely theft). One or two more great-nephews are headed to the same concrete cubicles if they keep on like they are.

You can see why I am not a family-oriented person. And that's why they're there and I'm here.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Opa Shale wrote:A brother-in-law who was a prison guard was sent up for 6 years (with 4 other guards) for actions they supposedly did during a prison riot. This was at the time of the Rodney King incident so I think they got long terms due to the prejudice of the moment.

He is a good man and did not deserve that. What ppl don't realize is the strain on the family when someone goes to prison. His two teen daughters not only lost a father for those years but the loss of income made it hard on the family. My wife and I had to help with the support.

There could have been some alternative sentence, rather than wasting more money to house those prisoners for 6 years. But Florida, like most of Dixie is not renowned for being progressive.

He did what he had to do to help control the riot, and those that sentenced him likely wouldn't have done any differently in his shoes. A shame.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:50 pm