CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
CeCe
Supernova
Chris
7 posters

If you served on a jury, would a gorgeous defendant bias you?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

If you served on a jury, would a gorgeous defendant bias you? Empty If you served on a jury, would a gorgeous defendant bias you?

Post by Chris Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:52 pm

If you served on a jury, would you go easier on a defendant who was gorgeous? Statistics say you would.

According to psychologist Nancy Etcoff in her new book, Survival of the Prettiest: The Science of Beauty. Some findings

If two women, one pretty and one less attractive, are standing by a road with a flat tire, the pretty one is rescued first 87% of the time.

Homelier children are more likely to be abused and mothers talk and play more with beautiful babies.

Teachers expect good-looking children to be smarter and more sociable; judges, JURIES (!), and police officers go easier on the better looking; and attractive people have an easier time getting a job and high pay.

Those are the statistics. What do you say?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

If you served on a jury, would a gorgeous defendant bias you? Empty Re: If you served on a jury, would a gorgeous defendant bias you?

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:30 pm

It would go against my whole upbringing, I tend to think the opposite way. I recall a woman who was on trial for murdering her mother for money, and at the trial she was very dressed down but good looking, but they showed pictures of her prior to the murder when she was living it up on whatever money she had, bleached blonde hair, big implants, bent over in tiny tops, what some would call good looking but seeing her in her bleached and tanned glory I think was what killed her because they convicted her.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

If you served on a jury, would a gorgeous defendant bias you? Empty Re: If you served on a jury, would a gorgeous defendant bias you?

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:42 pm

I would hope not. Don't think it would. I believe I would make decisions based on the evidence & not on how good looking the guy is.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:26 pm

I believe it is reality and it IS pretty sickening.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:45 am

While on trial, Scott Peterson had women in love with him.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:44 am

Marc™ wrote:While on trial, Scott Peterson had women in love with him.

But he still got convicted. And Drew Peterson is no looker but women still wanted to marry him despite him killing 2 of his 4 wives. Some people are just too stupid to live.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:04 am

Ted Bundy was a good looking lawyer of a serial killer! I still would have convicted his ass!!!

Unfortunately, looks make a huge difference in our lives sad

But whether someone thinks im homely or not, i will never be abused! LOL
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:50 am

That's the reality, but I wouldn't do it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:56 am