CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
Shale
Chris
7 posters

Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? Empty Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?

Post by Chris Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:24 pm

If you had dropped out of college, or even high school, do you think you still could have been trained to do the job you have now?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? Empty Re: Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?

Post by Shale Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:35 pm

My formal education is a High School Diploma.

I am an Administrative Assistant, which means I do office stuff and write reports and correspondence. My language skills learned in HS and picked up over the years is a plus in my job. Ppl forget that you learn in life, a lot of the things that "formal education" gets credit for.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have? Empty Re: Do you need all your formal education in order to do the job you presently have?

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:45 pm

The only job I've had since I graduated has been canvassing for the new city directories, trust me, I didn't need to waste 5 years in college for that.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 pm

For the most part.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Yeah, I do.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:57 pm

A lot of my knowledge in the lab field came from on the job training and just working in the lab in general. I don't think, though, that my particular field can be done without having the college degree--you need those fundamental basics that are taught in all the different chemistry courses, and every other course that is specific to the lab, to have that knowledge base in you to be able to, in your mind, look at something down to the atomic level, and know why it's acting, reacting, doing what it's doing, and if it's correct or not, and be able to troubleshoot from there.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Chris wrote:If you had dropped out of college, or even high school, do you think you still could have been trained to do the job you have now?

Yup, I've been in this particular field for quite some time now, way before I was able to get my GED.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:34 am