CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Shale
Chris
6 posters

'This won't be his best day': FexEx vows to track down delivery man who tossed computer monitor over fence (video)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News 'This won't be his best day': FexEx vows to track down delivery man who tossed computer monitor over fence (video)

Post by Chris Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:09 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2076432/FedEx-guy-caught-throwing-monitor-fence-YouTube-video.html

'This won't be his best day': FexEx vows to track down delivery man who tossed computer monitor over fence

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 8:35 PM on 20th December 2011

FedEx has vowed to track down the deliveryman who was caught on video carelessly tossing a computer monitor over a fence during a delivery.

Company spokeswoman Shea Leordeanu would not say what would become of the employee once they find him, but added: 'This won't be his best day.'

The hilariously sad clip of a FedEx delivery man chucking the computer monitor has attracted nearly 200,000 viewers on YouTube in a single day, many of whom expressed fears that their holiday packages would be treated with the same regard.

Leordeanu said company executives were 'shocked' when they saw the video and called the handling of the package 'unacceptable.'

'This won't be his best day': FexEx vows to track down delivery man who tossed computer monitor over fence (video) Article-2076432-0F3B107C00000578-508_634x481
    'This won't be his best day': FexEx vows to track down delivery man who tossed computer monitor over fence (video) Article-2076432-0F3B107800000578-755_634x481
    'This won't be his best day': FexEx vows to track down delivery man who tossed computer monitor over fence (video) Article-2076432-0F3B108000000578-522_634x481

The 21-second clip, uploaded to YouTube by user goobie55 on Monday night, shows the delivery man taking the package from the back of a FedEx-branded van parked outside of the home's front lawn.

Taking the package out, he walks alongside an iron gate enclosing the residence and past what appears to be a security keypad that might buzz him in.

'The sad part is that I was home at the time with the front door wide open. All he would have had to do was ring the bell on the gate,' the YouTube user who uploaded the clip wrote in the description.

'Now I have to return my monitor since it is broken.'

Within hours of the footage being uploaded, several others shared similar horror stories.

One commenter, claiming to be a former FedEx employee, attempted to explain - suggesting the package might have been in pieces long before the botched delivery.

'I can tell you that that incident pails in comparison to the way they [sic] packages are handled behind closed doors,' the user wrote.

'All of us here at FedEx have seen the video and quite frankly we were shocked,' said Shea Leordeanu, a company spokeswoman.

The company does not know who the package carrier is yet, but is working to track him down an will find him 'by the end of the day.'

The customer who posted the video has not contacted the company yet, Ms Leordeanu said. However, FedEx officials asked the person to come forward so they could properly apologize.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

News Re: 'This won't be his best day': FexEx vows to track down delivery man who tossed computer monitor over fence (video)

Post by Shale Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:45 am

Truth is, in this age of ubiquitous cameras, we are seeing things that commonly occur.
    Maybe everyone, not just cops should be taught this since they haven't figured it out yet. "The Whole World is Watching."

I'm sure UPS has the same record of customer abuse. Commercial carriers have left packages on my apartment doorstep which was just off an inner city sidewalk - of course the packages walked. They've left packages with an apartment complex neighbor whom I didn't know except for banging on his wall to keep it down. Don't even get me going on the USPS, which has screwed up my deliveries for years and stonewalled on my complaints about the poor service. They folded a Photo Document Mailer to fit my apt. mailbox then said it should have had "do not bend" written on it. They completely smashed a package of china I was sending and just left a sticker on it the equivalent of "oops!"

Delivery by commercial carrier and USPS is a crap shoot.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

News Re: 'This won't be his best day': FexEx vows to track down delivery man who tossed computer monitor over fence (video)

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:15 am

I think FedEx needs to start being a little more selective about who they hire. I wish this guy did this to one of my packages. I'd see to it that he be fired and that the company reimbursed my damages.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:41 pm

LOL. I laughed. Actually, I've left notes for the delivery guy to put packages inside the fence so that they wouldn't leave it on the stoop for someone to take it. If he would've left it out and someone took it, then they would be blaming the guy for leaving it out. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. He shouldn't have just thrown it like that though. He could've eased it down into the fence without damaging it.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Honestly, if you saw the sorting machines that this type of mail goes thru, you would say "whats the big deal". We have machines that take 1500 pound 6ft high containers of mail and literally dump them upside down to land on a sorting belt. If this monitor is broken, it was not packaged properly. It could just as easily have been broken by one of the machines as by him throwing it.

I do have a bigger problem with fedex/ups/usps leaving stuff on the doorstep because mailers will not accept responsibility if stolen. Fedex doesnt even knock on the door like usps/ups-- unless of course it is signature required, in which case they take it back to the mailing center. My question is: If this guy had something valuable mailed... why not as for delivery confirmation signature???
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:45 am

LOL So wrong but LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:36 pm