R. Kelly or Timbaland? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R. Kelly or Timbaland?

Go down 
+2
Cheaps
Jason B.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

R. Kelly or Timbaland? Empty
PostSubject: R. Kelly or Timbaland?   R. Kelly or Timbaland? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:37 am

Who is your favorite Aaliyah producer, R. Kelly or Timbaland?

I think Timbaland was the best.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: R. Kelly or Timbaland?   R. Kelly or Timbaland? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:53 am

Timbaland
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: R. Kelly or Timbaland?   R. Kelly or Timbaland? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:50 am

Timbaland x2

The R. Kelly era of Aaliyah was too dark, forced and slightly generic. Everything about her down to the way she dressed was too "R. Kelly"-ish. She didn't have any sense of self during those days. And I remember he shadowed her constantly. We all know why! laughing
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: R. Kelly or Timbaland?   R. Kelly or Timbaland? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:31 am

Eh, if I had to pick the two best R. Kelly produced songs and the two best Timbaland produced songs....I'd go with R. Kelly. I think his production worked with Aaliyah's voice better. And he's a better songwriter. Tim is a hip-hop/pop producer...not R&B. His beats are pretty hard. Her imaged mirrored his alot, but that was also her too. She was a tomboy so I don't think it was fake or dark at all. However, my favorite Aaliyah song is "We Need a Resolution".
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: R. Kelly or Timbaland?   R. Kelly or Timbaland? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:47 am

Kind of hard to compare since R. just did that one album. I'll say, though, that the strongest R. Kelly-produced Aaliyah songs slightly edge out the strongest Timbaland-produced Aaliyah songs…however…the average/weakest R. Kelly-produced stuff is worst than the average/weakest Timbaland songs. So, overall, I'd go with Tim.

Plus, Aaliyah's voice was stronger on OIAM on up. On a number of the AANBAN tracks, Aaliyah's vocals are a bit too hollow sounding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: R. Kelly or Timbaland?   R. Kelly or Timbaland? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Another annoying thing about Aaliyah's debut is that annoying girl she had rapping and talking all over the album.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: R. Kelly or Timbaland?   R. Kelly or Timbaland? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:27 am

Nhaiyel wrote:
Kind of hard to compare since R. just did that one album. I'll say, though, that the strongest R. Kelly-produced Aaliyah songs slightly edge out the strongest Timbaland-produced Aaliyah songs…however…the average/weakest R. Kelly-produced stuff is worst than the average/weakest Timbaland songs. So, overall, I'd go with Tim.

Plus, Aaliyah's voice was stronger on OIAM on up. On a number of the AANBAN tracks, Aaliyah's vocals are a bit too hollow sounding.

Yeah, I agree. Aaliyah's voice sounded like she had spit in her mouth on some of those first album songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R. Kelly or Timbaland?   R. Kelly or Timbaland? Empty

Back to top Go down

R. Kelly or Timbaland?
Page 1 of 1