Sherlock Holmes (2009) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Sherlock Holmes (2009) Empty
PostSubject: Sherlock Holmes (2009)   Sherlock Holmes (2009) EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Who saw this movie? What did you think of it?

From the moment I saw the trailers for it at the theater I knew I would not be wasting my time on it. Now, I'm not a die hard fan of Sherlock Holmes, I've only read one of Doyle's original short stories, the Speckled Band, and the Basil Rathbone movies I find some are good and some are not...but you know what? If you're going to take the most famous 19th century detective in the history of literature, then KEEP him in bloody 19th century instead of this new trend of taking movies set in a certain time in history and then jazzing them up with Matrix/Bruce Lee style action fighting.

If you want to do that then you make an entirely new character (oh that's really hard) and set him in the bloody 20th/21st century where he belongs. Though what really killed it for me seeing the trailer was the whole naked-handcuffed to the bed 'rest assure I'm a professional' thing, might as well spit on Doyle's grave, I'm sure he's getting plenty of rotation in it as it is.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Sherlock Holmes (2009) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes (2009)   Sherlock Holmes (2009) EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Supernova wrote:
Who saw this movie? What did you think of it?...
I saw it two weeks ago and posted my opinion in the "New Releases Reviews"

http://www.conversationchamber.com/t14959-sherlock-holmes-a-game-of-shadows

Maybe ppl should check out that section.
Back to top Go down

Sherlock Holmes (2009)
Page 1 of 1