CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
Kral
wants2laugh
7 posters

how important is a good marriage proposal?

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

how important is a good marriage proposal? Empty how important is a good marriage proposal?

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:28 am

are you one of those people that has always dreamed of a proposal?

Guys, were you nervous about asking?
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

how important is a good marriage proposal? Empty Re: how important is a good marriage proposal?

Post by Kral Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:36 am

I would love for it to be all exaggerated and extra romantic like in the movies, but I would settle for just a nice sweet moment.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

how important is a good marriage proposal? Empty Re: how important is a good marriage proposal?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Nope. I'll prob. be more prepared to discuss marriage and then just go with it.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:27 am

It's important. If anything, it shows that he listens and pays attentions to his mate, because everybody has a different definition of "good." Personally, I want witnesses, but I don't want a big production made out of it (at least, I don't THINK I do).

Honestly, as long as my ring isn't dinky and has a good cut and quality, I'm good LOL.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:07 am

Don't know if the proposal itself is important. I dated a few women who insisted on having doors opened for them, chairs pulled out and having their meals ordered for them..none lasted more than a week or two. I have also dated a few women who were ready to get married by the second date--"Are you looking for a wife?" hmmm...Tough I like the idea of a big sha-bang proposal in Central Park or on the score board of COmerica Park, I believe it is better to have an understanding of who each other is as a person and the proposal is always good.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:16 am

"Your Place or Mine?"

How's that for a marriage proposal? Blue Cool

Srsly, I can't even remember any proposal with my wife. Back then our style was to move in with your partner and set up housekeeping together. That is how Lorily and I did it, Jim and I did it and Brenda and I did it.

After 3 years, Brenda and I decided to get married. We set a date, First day of Spring 1983 and made arrangements. I don't remember either of us proposing, we probably were just talking in bed one night and came up with the idea together.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:27 am

Not a proposal so much as a decision. And FWIW I don't think proposals are necessarily important. It's the relationship that matters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:29 am