Parents with genetic illnesses Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parents with genetic illnesses

Go down 
+2
Supernova
Chris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Parents with genetic illnesses Empty
PostSubject: Parents with genetic illnesses   Parents with genetic illnesses EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Do you think people with a genetic illness or recessive ailments should avoid having children?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Parents with genetic illnesses   Parents with genetic illnesses EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:24 pm

Na, never any guarantees.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Parents with genetic illnesses   Parents with genetic illnesses EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Supernova wrote:
Na, never any guarantees.
co-signs Truth is, probably just about everyone carries something. And regardless of genetics there are a million things that can go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Parents with genetic illnesses   Parents with genetic illnesses EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Nah.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Parents with genetic illnesses   Parents with genetic illnesses EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:22 pm

If 2 parents are carriers for the same disease than I do.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Parents with genetic illnesses   Parents with genetic illnesses EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Depends on what the disease is. My daughter was born with a genetic form of cancer that affects the eyes (retinoblastoma), and as a result is blind in her left eye from that. We didn't find out until after the fact that my husband was a carrier for it, because his family kept it quiet about the brother he had that died from the same thing at 4 years old, 10 years before he (my husband) was born. --The whole "don't ask, don't tell" generation, and we had to force the information out of my mother in law.

Had we known, we may have thought twice about having kids, but I'm not sorry at all we did have our daughter--sometimes maybe it's better not to know, upfront. It did, however, influence our decision as to having more kids, which we cordially declined on the grounds that we had a 50% chance of the scenario happening again, and we're not gamblers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents with genetic illnesses   Parents with genetic illnesses Empty

Back to top Go down

Parents with genetic illnesses
Page 1 of 1