CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
AtownPeep
Shale
Supernova
7 posters

Houses that don't have basements according to state

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Houses that don't have basements according to state Empty Houses that don't have basements according to state

Post by Supernova Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:57 pm

I know in Florida they don't have basements but what other states have this same architectural logic?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Houses that don't have basements according to state Empty Re: Houses that don't have basements according to state

Post by Shale Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Basements are rare in New Orleans. They be indoor swimming pools.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Houses that don't have basements according to state Empty Re: Houses that don't have basements according to state

Post by AtownPeep Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:30 am

I heard homes in California don't have them.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:42 am

Hardly any basements here in North Carolina. Also very few garages.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:51 am

zthatzmanz28 wrote:Hardly any basements here in North Carolina. Also very few garages.

Why's that?
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:09 am

I think there are few basements for two reasons--high water table and you are either building in RED CLAY or yellow sand. As for garages, as locals say, it doesn't snow hardly and few folks have any stuff to keep in a garage like garden tools because the REAL gardeners here have tractors and pole barns. There are quite a few car ports to park you car in the shade during the blazing summer sun and keep the frost off on the 3-4 weeks of cold mornings in January / February.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:27 am

Shale wrote:Basements are rare in New Orleans. They be indoor swimming pools.

Yep--nothing like building a city inside a bowl, to begin with. . . .
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:54 pm

AtownPeep wrote:I heard homes in California don't have them.
    I never saw a house with a basement growing up there, I suspect however in Northern Cal they might have them. Places that have winters usually have basements. Here in BC the only places that don't have basements are mobile homes. We live in one in a senior park and we chose it because it didn't have stairs, no basement and the heater works just fine But normally heaters here are in the basement.
    No basements in Arizona or New Mexico either, however they did have them in Oklahoma.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:34 pm

my sister did have a basement in san diego... but not the rest of california or hawaii that i recall. here in NJ they are quite common unless near the water, but then you have problems with pumps and flooding etc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm