Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?

Go down 
+9
Hyacinth Girl
Shale
Kral
FireIce918
Nystyle709
RobbieFTW
Bluesmama
Jason B.
Chris
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? Empty
PostSubject: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:50 pm

If you a co-worker of yours complained that your favorite fragrance irritated their sinuses, would you stop wearing it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:50 pm

I probably wouldn't stop wearing it, but I might go easier on the application. Depends on how much I like them.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:55 pm

No. I may wear a little less or even stop wearing a particular scent if it affected somebody. But I wouldn't stop altogether ~ it's too much a part of me, been wearing it for 45 years.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Doubt it. If my cologne irritates their nose that much, then dont hover over me.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
Doubt it. If my cologne irritates their nose that much, then dont hover over me.

Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? 35166

And if I don't like you, that's a double fuck Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? 371458
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:10 am

Hell no. Don't really like them that much to bend even just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:17 am

No I wouldn't and plus I don't over douse myself in perfume so I can't imagine my fragrances being THAT much of a bother to anyone who wasn't just being anal retentive.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:32 am

Wow, must be nice to own the business and not have an HR dept.

If your co-worker, is put off by your overpowering chemicals, they may have a right to force you not to wear it on clean air grounds. It is a workplace not your social environment.

And, ppl don't always need to 'hover' to smell some of the overdoused chemical fragrances that some wear. I have a couple of co-workers who I can smell coming down the hall. I just suffer them for the few moments they are in my office, but it could not be an all day assault on my lungs. I would first let them know they were polluting the air I had to breath and if they did not correct it I would go to human resources to resolve the workplace conflict. I might even check out OSHA to see what the regs are on overpowering chemicals in the air.

OH, and if you think you don't use too much you might want to get an objective opinion. There is a thing called anosmia, where you get used to an odor and don't smell it any more. That is why garbage truck workers can stand to be by that nasty thing in the summer when you gag just passing it in your car.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:27 am

Shale wrote:
Wow, must be nice to own the business and not have an HR dept.

If your co-worker, is put off by your overpowering chemicals, they may have a right to force you not to wear it on clean air grounds. It is a workplace not your social environment.

And, ppl don't always need to 'hover' to smell some of the overdoused chemical fragrances that some wear. I have a couple of co-workers who I can smell coming down the hall. I just suffer them for the few moments they are in my office, but it could not be an all day assault on my lungs. I would first let them know they were polluting the air I had to breath and if they did not correct it I would go to human resources to resolve the workplace conflict. I might even check out OSHA to see what the regs are on overpowering chemicals in the air.

OH, and if you think you don't use too much you might want to get an objective opinion. There is a thing called anosmia, where you get used to an odor and don't smell it any more. That is why garbage truck workers can stand to be by that nasty thing in the summer when you gag just passing it in your car.

And don't forget the whole "Sexual Harrassment" bit, if you do hover enough to be able to smell it---in addition to the clean air-edict. Someone is sure to misinterpret the hovering as "hitting on". . .

Garbage truck workers=akin to why a skunk can't smell itself.

(and I can't really say for myself what I'd do, because I don't ever wear perfume--it sends me into sneezing fits!)
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:29 pm

I don't wear fragrances to work very often so I have no problem there.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm allergic to most perfumes I remember being on a plane once where I was not allowed to smoke (as I did then still smoke), but the woman in the seat in front of me had bathed in perfume! My throat was raw, my eyes watered, and my nose ran but she could legally make me sick and I couldn't smoke. Here in BC many hospitals and drs offices in fact ask people not to wear perfume because they have workers who like me are allergic. Obviously since I try to keep every thing in my house unscented I wouldn't be wearing perfume in the first place.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:17 pm

yeah suzi... here medical workers are not permitted to wear perfumes for allergy reasons.

I would have no trouble not wearing it---- although I would love to see someone in management come and tell one of my coworkers not to wear it! LOL There would be an all out war... I could just see it now, OSHA, the ACLU, EEO officers, news crews all over.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:10 am

Kral wrote:
No I wouldn't and plus I don't over douse myself in perfume so I can't imagine my fragrances being THAT much of a bother to anyone who wasn't just being anal retentive.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?   Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you stop applying perfume/cologne if you knew that it negatively impacted a coworker's congestion?
Page 1 of 1