CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
CeCe
wants2laugh
Marc™
8 posters

Grandmother, 50, beaten by stranger at Chuck E. Cheese after 'asking him to stop swearing'

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

News Grandmother, 50, beaten by stranger at Chuck E. Cheese after 'asking him to stop swearing'

Post by Marc™ Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Grandmother Assaulted at Dearborn Chuck E. Cheese's
    Woman Asked Nearby Table to Clean Up Language

Updated: Tuesday, 17 Jan 2012, 8:19 AM EST
    Published : Monday, 16 Jan 2012, 7:16 AM EST

Grandmother Assaulted at Dearborn Chuck E. Cheese's: MyFoxDETROIT.com

By ROOP RAJ
    WJBK | myFOXDetroit.com

DEARBORN, Mich. (WJBK) -- It was a quiet, peaceful afternoon inside the Michigan Avenue Chuck E. Cheese restaurant in Dearborn Monday, but Sunday evening a full on brawl broke out inside.

A grandmother ended up in the hospital after she says she was assaulted. What happened? She says she asked a nearby table not to use bad language in front of kids.

"She said, 'please don't use that language with children.' They told her to 'shut the f— up and turn around." accordiing to one of the grandmother's family members. "That's when a man leapt at the table and started swinging. He punched her in the face and dragged her by her hair."

The woman, who was beaten, spoke to FOX 2 by phone.

She wishes to remain anonymous. She went to the hospital with injuries. All bruised up, she says it was all at the hands of a man at a nearby table.

"It got into a confrontation where they came across at our table and a number of us were assaulted and the table flipped and I ended up underneath of that," said the victim.

Dearborn Police reviewed the Chuck E. Cheese surveillance video for clues as to the man's identity. He could face assault charges.

"Officers responded, watched the tape. They didn't think it was of any evidentiary value. It was of poor quality. So, our detectives may go look at that themselves, but as of right now we don't have the tape," said Dearborn Police Commander Tom Teefey.

We called the corporate headquarters for Chuck E. Cheese in Irving, Texas for comment. We didn't hear back from them, but this is not the first time that they've had Chuck E. Cheese fights here in metro Detroit. In fact, this is the third FOX 2 has covered in recent months.

From Milwaukee to Los Angeles, Chuck E. Cheese brawls are making news across the nation. The kid-friendly restaurant does serve beer to adults, but in this case in Dearborn, the beating victim doesn't think alcohol was a factor.

"I don't think it was alcohol-related. I think it was just their particular demeanor," she said.

"They're certainly not setting a very good example for the children involved or anybody involved. People were there to have a good time, enjoy birthday parties, and I think both families suffered," Teefey said.

"We need anybody that was there, any witnesses, to come forward and let the police know," the victim told us.

Chuck E. Cheese management is cooperating with police.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/mich.-family%3A-grandmother-assaulted-at-chuck-e.-cheese%27s-20120116
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

News Re: Grandmother, 50, beaten by stranger at Chuck E. Cheese after 'asking him to stop swearing'

Post by Marc™ Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:20 pm

I know I shouldn't, but....

LMAO!

Just the way the newscaster used the word "beatdown" was funny to me.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

News Re: Grandmother, 50, beaten by stranger at Chuck E. Cheese after 'asking him to stop swearing'

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:21 am

serves her f@#$ing right for not minding her own damn business! That's what you get BITCH! blasted
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 am

wants2laugh wrote:serves her f@#$ing right for not minding her own damn business! That's what you get BITCH! blasted

She's old enough to know that confronting people you don't know might not return a favorable response lol. If she had an issue she should have gone to the manager on duty. But she should also know that when she's out in public she's going to see & hear things that will offend her. Most of the time it really isn't that serious.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:32 pm

She should have just gotten up and moved to another table but that dosen't excuse the idiot that assaulted her.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 pm

seriously, people shouldn't have been talking like that---it was a kid's restaraunt. and the fact that someone violent enough to attack her was there with kids it scary in itself. I have seen parents drop their kids off there and leave!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:58 pm

wants2laugh wrote:seriously, people shouldn't have been talking like that---it was a kid's restaraunt. and the fact that someone violent enough to attack her was there with kids it scary in itself. I have seen parents drop their kids off there and leave!

This is why she should have exercised a little more common sense. Whatever the guy was doing he was well aware of his surroundings. It's a Chuck E Cheese, so he knew there were kids. Obviously he didn't care. He certainly had no right to put his hands on her unless she put hers on him first. But she should have gone to management to handle it. It's part of their job description to make sure things are running smoothly in the kitchen & out in the dining/play area.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Should have minded her business and not tried to tell other adults how to talk. In the meantime, maybe Chuck E. Cheese needs to update their surveillance cameras.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Damn. Didn't think it got that real at Chuck E. Cheese.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:20 am

O hell naw!! Let some fool try that with my mama!!!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:22 pm

There was no mention that I could find in this FAUX news report about the grandmother's age, but I searched another source and found out she was in fact 50.

Just a complaint about the whole sensationalization of the 'news' here with the headline "GRANDMOTHER Assaulted at Dearborn Chuck E. Cheese's ..."

Brings the image of a white haired, frail old woman when in fact this was a 50-year-old woman, who could be quite physically fit and quite capable of inciting a violent reaction from some lowlife miscreant.

I remember being a 50-year-old grandfather and I was not a doddering old man.

I hate news manipulation.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Shale wrote:There was no mention that I could find in this FAUX news report about the grandmother's age, but I searched another source and found out she was in fact 50.

Just a complaint about the whole sensationalization of the 'news' here with the headline "GRANDMOTHER Assaulted at Dearborn Chuck E. Cheese's ..."

Brings the image of a white haired, frail old woman when in fact this was a 50-year-old woman, who could be quite physically fit and quite capable of inciting a violent reaction from some lowlife miscreant.

I remember being a 50-year-old grandfather and I was not a doddering old man.

I hate news manipulation.
    co-signs That really irritated me too. It appeared they were trying to portray her as some poor old frail grandmother when at 50 she was far from that. The word "grandmother" was used repeatedly & that's definitely manipulating & attempting to slant the story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:41 pm