Rebel Without a Cause Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rebel Without a Cause

Go down 
3 posters

Which 1955 juvenile delinquency movie do you prefer?
Rebel Without a Cause
Rebel Without a Cause I_vote_lcap100%Rebel Without a Cause I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 6 ]
Blackboard Jungle
Rebel Without a Cause I_vote_lcap0%Rebel Without a Cause I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Rebel Without a Cause Empty
PostSubject: Rebel Without a Cause   Rebel Without a Cause EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Who has seen this movie? What did you think of it?

I did not care for it too much the first time I saw it several years ago, but I liked near the end when Jim and Judy and Plato run off to the abandoned mansion, it was because of that, and Jim's almost perfect imitation of a police siren, that I went back to see it again, and I liked it. I've seen it several times over the years and it's now one of my favorite movies.

I find it funny, Rebel Without a Cause, and Blackboard Jungle both came out in 1955, and Blackboard Jungle made history for having the first rock and roll soundtrack. But that movie has dated itself, and Rebel is something of a timeless piece, that every generation 'gets' it. Of course that's not to say everybody gets it, a lot of people say they've seen both and they don't 'get' Rebel, they 'get' Blackboard Jungle...these people however, seem to be looking at it from the adults' point of view in Jungle, never the teenagers' point of view in Rebel. To which I can only guess that these people never had a single problem the WHOLE time they were growing up if they can't understand or relate to it, or if they did, that was so long ago they've completely forgotten what it was like to be on the other side of a class room.

Anyhow, that's my two cents about it, how about everyone else?

Last edited by Supernova on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to edit the poll)
Back to top Go down
FightSleep
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
FightSleep

Male
Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Rebel Without a Cause   Rebel Without a Cause EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:02 pm

RWAC
Back to top Go down
elwilliamo
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
elwilliamo

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rebel Without a Cause   Rebel Without a Cause EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:14 pm

But James Dean was a pretty good actor. It's more about that. Dean killed in "Giant," and he really only did the three movies consecutively that were amazing. Rebel was alright, for starters. But Dean was going to be bigger than Brando. Who knows? I'll agree the movie's WAY too melodramatic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebel Without a Cause   Rebel Without a Cause Empty

Back to top Go down

Rebel Without a Cause
Page 1 of 1