CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Bluesmama
Supernova
Shale
Nystyle709
FireIce918
Hyacinth Girl
RedBedroom
11 posters

In a small message board setting such as The Chamber would you be against a high school student being an active poster?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Question In a small message board setting such as The Chamber would you be against a high school student being an active poster?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 pm

I was meaning to start this thread a while ago. I was very curious what you all thought.

If someone registered here, or another board that doesn't have hundreds of active posters, would you be against someone under age 18 posting?

For me, I wouldn't mind it really, but I would feel a bit guarded about the things I post.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Question Re: In a small message board setting such as The Chamber would you be against a high school student being an active poster?

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Wouldn't mind at all-- I come from the forums at Nine Inch Nails and there's nothing sacred over there and plenty of teens who can keep right up with that, so here woud seem like Candyland to them.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Question Re: In a small message board setting such as The Chamber would you be against a high school student being an active poster?

Post by FireIce918 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:02 am

Um..

That's kind of a toughy. I've been posting on various message boards since I was 13, but I don't think people could tell my age from my posts unless I actually told them. Plus, I stayed my azz in the under 17 section for the most part.

But now, there's NOTHING I have in common with someone that young. And I would feel a bit guarded.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:52 am

Not really. I used to post in message boards when I was in high school with people a lot older than me and it wasn't a problem. Most people wouldn't have been able to tell my age unless I told them. It depends on the maturity level. And I wouldn't feel guarded about the things I say either. I would continue to say what I want and how I want to.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:33 am

I have been on the Hip Forums for some years and there are some pretty astute kids under 18 over there - and it is sometimes R rated stuff going on.

And, I have made e-mail pen friends with a couple of kids from there (who are probably over 18 by now) One was a 15-year-old wanna be hippie in South Africa who became friends and our PMs were like a grampa/grandson. He and I are now friends on FB, as well as his mother.

I have no problem with young ppl and enjoy their input - but grampas get that way. Just as long as we are not expected to censor ourselves. And quite frankly, web savvy young ppl do not require less than adult conversation. The South African teen managed to find my almost X-rated Shale site on his own (damn these kids are ingenious - he didn't need to search it, just used Shale's e-mail address. I didn't think of that).
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 am

With the way kids are today I doubt there's much that could be said on here that would shock them. And I have to agree a large part with Fire Ice, I've been there and done that too and I could usually keep up with the older members.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:06 am

This may be a small forum but it's members make up a chef's salad ~ left/right, young/old(er), straight/gay, religious/not, etc. And I think that makes it more interesting (and I'm also GLAD that it isn't a large one like City-Data). So a high schooler should be yet another ingredient in that salad. But he or she could very well get bored with the rest of us after awhile. And I would NOT censor myself ~ just an FYI.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:25 am

Bluesmama wrote:This may be a small forum but it's members make up a chef's salad ~ left/right, young/old(er), straight/gay, religious/not, etc. And I think that makes it more interesting (and I'm also GLAD that it isn't a large one like City-Data). So a high schooler should be yet another ingredient in that salad. But he or she could very well get bored with the rest of us after awhile. And I would NOT censor myself ~ just an FYI.

co-signs

we have a really good group! We have varied opinions and experience that could help educate a young person, as I learn new things from all of you daily! Wink

But if I felt disrespected, you know I would say something bitch-slapped
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:03 am

I wouldn't mind.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:40 am

I pretty much agree with everyone else. It's fine as long as there wouldn't the the expectation of censoring what we say & the subject matter. That can suck the life out of a board.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 am

Wouldnt bother me so long as they didnt act bratty.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:13 am