New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New at the boxoffice today: 2/3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 Empty
PostSubject: New at the boxoffice today: 2/3   New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 am

Friday

NEW IN THEATERS DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
Big Miracle
Drama
Universal 2,128
Chronicle (2012)
Sci-Fi Action
Fox 2,907
The Woman in Black
Horror Thriller
CBS Films 2,855
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: New at the boxoffice today: 2/3   New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:24 am

I won't be going to the movies this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: New at the boxoffice today: 2/3   New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 pm

All three are a possibility for me.

Today it will deff be Big Miracle
Tomorrow a toss up for Chronicle and Woman in Black.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: New at the boxoffice today: 2/3   New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Saw two out of the three and if it ain't raining tomorrow may go see Chronicle.

Saw The Woman in Black Friday

And, Big Miracle today.

Last edited by Shale on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Delete Dead Links)
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: New at the boxoffice today: 2/3   New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Just saw Chronicle the third of my intended new releases this weekend.

I was glad that I noticed a good review and really glad that I saw this great sci-fi drama. Too bad no one else here goes to new releases, but I would recommend checking this one out when it comes on DVD or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Shale Continues Talking to Himself   New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:16 am

I usually don't follow the Box Office results but like the Stock Market numbers, they are an indicator of movie popularity. Here is the report for Chronicle's opening weekend - against the other two movies opening that weekend, which I also saw.

Box Office Mojo

'Chronicle' Barely Overpowers 'Woman in Black'

by Ray Subers
February 5, 2012

Even with most people distracted by the Giants or Patriots or whatever elaborate gameday dish they had been working on, this weekend still marked the first time in history that two movies opened above $20 million against the Super Bowl.

Based on studio estimates, Chronicle held off The Woman in Black to take the top spot this weekend, though Daniel Radcliffe's first post-Potter outing was impressive in its own right. The weekend's other opener, Big Miracle, was a tad disappointing, but it still finished in line with modest expectations. Total box office came in at over $115 million, which is a 32 percent improvement from Super Bowl 2011.

Chronicle debuted to $22 million, which is the fourth-highest Super Bowl debut ever and second-best among movies targeting at men behind Taken ($24.7 million).
Chronicle is the latest example of the economic viability of the found footage genre—the movie nearly doubled its production budget ($12 million) through its first three days. According to distributor 20th Century Fox, Chronicle's audience was 55 percent male and 61 percent under the age of 25. Overall, it received a "B" CinemaScore, and that improved to a "B+" among the under-25 crowd.

Chronicle and The Woman in Black both managed to attract the under 25 crowd in large numbers (61 percent and 57 percent, respectively). While this audience has been a bit absent as of late, these numbers shouldn't be misinterpreted as some sort of return of the youth to movie theaters. Chronicle's main characters are all high-school students, and the "what if" premise was obviously relatable to younger audiences. ...

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3363&p=.htm
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: New at the boxoffice today: 2/3   New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:30 pm

I want to see Woman in Black is it worth it Shale?
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: New at the boxoffice today: 2/3   New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
I want to see Woman in Black is it worth it Shale?

It was sort of a generic gost tale at the turn of the 19-20 century - so the setting is scary in itself. It is a Daniel Radcliffe fan movie - to see him in something other than Potter. It was OK, not exceptional.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: New at the boxoffice today: 2/3   New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Shale wrote:

It was sort of a generic gost tale at the turn of the 19-20 century - so the setting is scary in itself. It is a Daniel Radcliffe fan movie - to see him in something other than Potter. It was OK, not exceptional.

In that case I will wait for DVD or Cable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New at the boxoffice today: 2/3   New at the boxoffice today: 2/3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New at the boxoffice today: 2/3
Page 1 of 1