How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...

Go down 
+4
Supernova
Shale
Nystyle709
Marc™
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... Empty
PostSubject: How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...   How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Imagine getting this note from your kids teacher....

How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... A224551a525ebf5e30cedf1f4ae16b99

How would you react to it?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...   How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 pm

After doing this:

How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... 954338

I would see to it that my child is removed from his class. Not because of his behavior, but because the teacher is obviously inept. Now, it could be the teacher was just having a bad day or whatever...which he/she is allowed....but you're pressed enough to be wrong and not care that the children are getting the wrong information. They should simply just accept your teachings if you are? I can't have that. Then I would tell my kid to respect adults and use a little more tact when challenging authority.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...   How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:59 am

Personally, I'd be all over that teacher's shit. We would be talking to the principal and my kid would get an apology IN CLASS from that teach or that letter would be all over the local press and probably local TV.

I had no champions in school, had to fight my own battles with misguided, authoritarian teachers but luckily no note ever went home.

Our American Lit workbook on a multiple choice question said that Edgar Allen Poe's "The Pit & the Pendulum" took place in the Middle Ages. I knew that was wrong and told the teacher but she marked my answer (19th Century - 1803) wrong and would not listen to my arguments that were based in fact. (I think her name was Forgetful Mam).

So, I took my complaint to the publisher, Harcourt Brace and they wrote back admitting that the answer in their book was wrong and apologized for the error. Yeah, I was that kind of Nerdy kid. I passed the test even with the one wrong answer but it was the priciple of the thing.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...   How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:23 am

So the teacher admits children should blindly believe anything adults tell them because sabes que 'they're authority'. If this teacher as a child had a professor who told the class to drink insect spray, would he have done that to show he's a good student? Yeah, didn't think so. I'd tell the teacher what to do with himself and praise my child because people who question authorities are EXACTLY what I hope to raise my children to be.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...   How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:18 am

I have to say NY has the best reply. I would be the same way.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...   How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:44 am

i actually got myself into some hot water with this one... My nephew used to come and borrow my history/biography books... and some of them were of controversial topics. I had several great books which discussed how American corporations such as Ford, IBM, Coke helped finance Nazi Germany... it went into great detail about the IBM "punch" machines which is what they used to track the jews/prisoners in the work camps. He went on to explain that each number of a tattoo meant something specific like age/sex/camp etc. Because these machines had to be service by IBM monthly, and the germans were literally buying hundreds of thousands of punch cards, there was no way to deny the participation. Of course there were many others involved...but i digress.

One of my books talked about Woodrow Wilson's involvement with the maker of the movie Birth of a Nation--- the most racist movie ever made, which led to the re-establishment of the KKK. So of course, my nephew being a smartass had to include this information in his research paper on Wilson. He properly sited it, and the paper was well written. The teacher gave him an F and wrote on the top of the paper "Treason is punishable by death!". Well me and my sister went to the school and screamed at that teacher in front of the class... then went to the prinicpal who said "well it's true--- it IS punishable by death". We then went to the school board who insisted that another teacher grade the paper, and the teacher was reprimanded and was forced to apologize.

My nephew WAS the type to fight with her in the middle of class, and she would say "can you back that up?" And he would come over or make me drive him to the library to go find the info! But IMO, teachers should ENCOURAGE kids to question things... instead of belittle them for it.

There is an interesting book called "Educating in the New World Order" which talks about how the standardized tests are now "social skills" which gauge the kids on their ability to comply with society and obey authority... really interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...   How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:07 am

Probably somewhere between NY and wants2laugh.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...   How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 am

wants2laugh wrote:
... Woodrow Wilson's involvement with the maker of the movie Birth of a Nation--- the most racist movie ever made, which led to the re-establishment of the KKK. So of course, my nephew being a smartass had to include this information in his research paper on Wilson. He properly sited it, and the paper was well written. The teacher gave him an F and wrote on the top of the paper "Treason is punishable by death!". Well me and my sister went to the school and screamed at that teacher in front of the class... then went to the prinicpal who said "well it's true--- it IS punishable by death". We then went to the school board who insisted that another teacher grade the paper, and the teacher was reprimanded and was forced to apologize. ...

Yes yay

I have been challenging authority since high school and that is the way it should be. Ironically, in grade school they taught us about being free to express ourselves and I believed it - and have been challenging teachers to respect that ever since.

What actually surprises me is how tolerant my school was in the early '60s on the same controversies that later makes headlines and lawsuits because the school thought they could circumvent students' right to tell-it-like-it-is.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...   How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Let's just say that I wouldn't be angry. I would let him know that showing out and being defiant was something that he needed to knock off, but he wouldn't be in trouble for having been right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...   How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher... Empty

Back to top Go down

How Would You React If You Recieved the Following Note From Your Kids Teacher...
Page 1 of 1