Miami - America's Most Miserable City Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miami - America's Most Miserable City

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Miami - America's Most Miserable City Empty
PostSubject: Miami - America's Most Miserable City   Miami - America's Most Miserable City EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:02 am

Miami Tops Forbes Magazine's List of America's Most Miserable Cities
By Karen Franklin
Friday, Feb 3, 2012

Miami, the Magic City famous for its gorgeous weather and beautiful beaches, has been named America's Most Miserable City by Forbes Magazine.

Although it may be a great home to superstars like Lebron James and Enrique Iglesias, Forbes said Miami's ordinary residents fared much worse in the list, which was released Thursday.

The magazine compared ten factors, including violent crime, unemployment, corruption and sports team performance between the 200 largest cities in the United States. Other factors included commute time, weather, and taxes.

Miami's metro area has one of the country's highest crime rates, the magazine reported. The county's unemployment rate is almost two percent higher than that of the national average and residents have been upset with the political leadership (354 public officials in southern Florida have been convicted of crimes over the past ten years).

Former County Mayor Carlos Alvarez was thrown out by voters and many residents are angered that the county and the city are paying 80 percent of the costs of the new Miami Marlins stadium. Not to mention, the football and baseball team records rank among the worst in their sports.

Miami's financial status didn't prosper either. Median home prices at $169,000 are the sixth worst in the country, and there have been 364,000 foreclosures since 2008, according to RealtyTrac. About 75 percent of households earn less than $75,000, Forbes said.
Two other nearby Florida cities also made the list. West Palm Beach ranked a close fourth place and Fort Lauderdale came in at seventh.

Miami came in second on the list last year, falling behind Stockton, California.

Admittedly, I'm here for the weather. It is 75 degrees here and I have not had to worry about shoveling snow today (or tomorrow) Also, I am on Miami Beach - diff city.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Miami - America's Most Miserable City   Miami - America's Most Miserable City EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:07 am

guess the list never heard of Camden NJ--- aka "Murder City" LOL
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Miami - America's Most Miserable City   Miami - America's Most Miserable City EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:18 am

wants2laugh wrote:
guess the list never heard of Camden NJ--- aka "Murder City" LOL

Either that or Miami really sucks!
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Miami - America's Most Miserable City   Miami - America's Most Miserable City EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:59 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

Either that or Miami really sucks!

LMAO! LMAO! LMAO! LMAO! LMAO! LMAO! LMAO! LMAO! LMAO! LMAO!

you are SOOOOO freakin funny!

I wouldn't want to move to miami, but i wouldnt mind the whether!
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Miami - America's Most Miserable City   Miami - America's Most Miserable City EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:25 am

Are they sure it's not L.A.?

Because all the people I know from there besides my family are MISERABLE as FUCK. Damn head cases LOL.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Miami - America's Most Miserable City   Miami - America's Most Miserable City EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Always looked so pleasant on the Golden Girls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miami - America's Most Miserable City   Miami - America's Most Miserable City Empty

Back to top Go down

Miami - America's Most Miserable City
Page 1 of 1