CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
CeCe
RedBedroom
7 posters

Do you dislike any foods because you associate them with a bad experience?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Question Do you dislike any foods because you associate them with a bad experience?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:01 am

I don't mean food poisoning or anything directly related to the food. But like you ate something and later something bad happened and you don't like the food because you associate it with that event?

I don't think I do, but my friend had a head injury after being thrown from a horse and before they knew she had the head injury she ate spaghetti for dinner. Then ended up having a seizure after dinner which lead to her going to the hospital. So, to this day (she's 35 and this was when she was 12) she won't eat spaghetti as she associates it to that day/night.

When my son had an injury to his spleen, he was vomiting strawberries after midnight and I don't like him eating strawberries at night anymore. I know it sounds strange but he just came down for some and when he eats them at night it totally takes me back to that experience.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Question Re: Do you dislike any foods because you associate them with a bad experience?

Post by CeCe Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:12 am

Nope, my only ones are directly related to food poisoning.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Question Re: Do you dislike any foods because you associate them with a bad experience?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:25 am

No.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:34 am

When I was a kid my uncle gave me a green Starlight mint and the next day I was hurling all day long. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the mint and everything to do with the brand new pizza Domino's had just rolled out, but to this day I still can't eat a green mint.

It also took me a long time to eat watermelon Jolly Ranchers, after I choked on one once.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:15 am

Not food poisoning but one day when I was 9 I ate a LOT of junk and puked it all up that night. The clencher for me was the big container of popcorn I made and it was DROWNING in butter. I would not eat buttered popcorn for months after that. Oddly enough now I can't get enough butter on it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:51 am

No. I've associated bad (and good times) with some music but not food.

PS-Red he's just eating those strawberries to get back at you for singing in the shower Wink
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:56 am

None that I can think of.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:27 am