CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
RedBedroom
Chris
6 posters

How do you pay when you go out to eat with a group?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How do you pay when you go out to eat with a group? Empty How do you pay when you go out to eat with a group?

Post by Chris Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:22 pm

When the bill comes, do you try and tabulate the cost of what you ordered, or do you just throw a ten or twenty dollar bill in the pool and be done with it?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

How do you pay when you go out to eat with a group? Empty Re: How do you pay when you go out to eat with a group?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:52 pm

In a group where only two orders are separate, I try to just get it on two tickets to begin with. In a big group, I always throw in a few more than mine would cost.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

How do you pay when you go out to eat with a group? Empty Re: How do you pay when you go out to eat with a group?

Post by Cheaps Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Usually ask for separate tickets at when we sit down, if we forget, then usually ask the waiter to separate the bill for us.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:27 am

The first one. I ain't paying for nobody else's shit....and really, people think they are slick with that. I remember I went out with this group and it was about 6 of us, what I ordered came up to about $40 but the bill was close to $600 and everyone (but me) decided to split the bill and the person(s) who really ran the bill up wound up paying less for what they got. After that I said "never again". I'll only throw money in the pot if I'm with a group and we're taking someone out for a special occasion or something to that effect. And most restaurants don't split the check. They like to charge for group parties because they can tack on mandatory gratuity. But when the bill comes, I tally up what I got, we all split the tax and the tip and that's it.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:44 am

I usually ask for a separate check, but when I don't then I round off what I ordered. If what I had came out to $17 or $18 dollars, then I will contribute a $20...but that's it. If I know my food didn't even come out to $10 while everybody else grubbed then I'm not going equal.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:59 am

We pay what we owe plus a tip. I have left a few bucks more on the table if I thought others in the group didn't leave a big enough tip.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:39 am