How many jobs have you had?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many jobs have you had?

Go down 
+7
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
Shale
Tony Marino
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

How many jobs have you had?  Empty
PostSubject: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:41 pm

From your first to your current position, how many jobs have you had? And do you list them all on your resume?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:46 pm

About 3 or 4 and yes they get listed on my resume.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Since 1963 I have had about 30 different jobs.

I list how ever many they want. On a resume I just put the ones related to the job applied for but some application forms want you to list the last 3 or 4, so I put those.

I have worked here for a dozen years and don't really plan to be job hunting after this.

I Have Worked As:

US Air Force Airman
Oil Rig Roughneck (Lead Tong & Derrick)
Security Guard
Police Patrolman
Computer Operator (1970)
French Market Sweeper
Warehouseman
Hospital Stock Tech
Hoagy/Pizza Maker
Art Museum Attendant/Security
Free Clinic LIve-In Staff (N.O. 1971)
Clinic Assistant - (India 1977)
Psych. Tech
Veterinarian Assistant
Child Care Worker
Grounds Keeper
Artists' Model
Nursing Assistant
Direct Care Staff MR
Training Instructor MR
Office Manager

Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:29 pm

My first job was mowing lawns when I was 14, then it was off to the local grocery store during high school where I was:

Cashier
Courtesy Desk Attendant/Bookkeeper
Produce Dept. Clerk

After that, I moved on to working as a clerk in a fabric store during college,a brief stint as an order entry clerk for a baby toy company, as well as starting my 25-year run at the lab I currently work at.

I started off as a phlebotomist, moved to lab tech-generalist, then Chemistry back-up supervisor, Lab Safety officer, which I presently still do. I'm also Lead Tech for Chemistry, Hematology and Urines, as well as "token" blood banker on second shift. LOL

I usually list all the lab related stuff on my resume, then under a separate section, I list the other jobs under "other work experience" (minus the lawn-mowing!)

I hope to be able to add "Teacher/Instructor" to my resume, come fall, as I'm in the process of applying for a teaching position at one of the local colleges that I could do during the day and still keep my night hours at the hospital. They're looking for someone to teach various courses for the lab tech program, and I hope to be able to teach the chemistry or blood bank courses.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:53 pm

One, twice.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 pm

18 jobs. FUCK! I didn't realize I been through so many. There were times when I worked 2 jobs at once, and even for awhile I was working 3 jobs.

And HELL NO, I don't list all of them, only ones I know that I can get a good reference and if they are under the same management as when I was employed there. Which doesn't leave very many.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm not about to sit here and count them. More than 5. And no, I don't list all of them unless it is required or pertinent to the job I'm applying for.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:10 am

I think 11 and since they're not all relevant to my carrier they aren't all on my resume. I'm only on my 4th car.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 am

More than 10. And I don't count them unless it's one of those nit-picky applications. Half of those places don't exist anyway, so I just lie and say I was a great employee.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:41 am

Oh God....a lot. Over a dozen. No I don't list them all. I only list the ones I had for a significant amount of time, or had a significant position at. The ones that I had only briefly don't get mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Six.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many jobs have you had?    How many jobs have you had?  Empty

Back to top Go down

How many jobs have you had?
Page 1 of 1