CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Urban Legends

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Urban Legends Empty Urban Legends

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:15 am

Everybody knows them, everybody's heard them, everybody's got their favorites, so let's talk about urban legends here. What are your favorites? Which have seriously freaked you out? And what if any comments or observations do you have about some of them?

I'll go first...I was just thinking about this a short time back, the one about the 2 girl roommates, one goes out, one stays in, the one staying in hears these noises at the door, runs into the bedroom or the closet, and come morning goes out to find her roommate lying at the front door brutally murdered. WHY is it in ALL of the variations of this story which has been traveling around for over 40 years, does the girl inside NEVER once think to call the police and have them inspect the noise? First instinct's always hide in the closet, why?
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Urban Legends Empty Re: Urban Legends

Post by stavdash Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 am

Hmm. I heard that saying "Candyman" in the mirror five times will result in catastrophe for the speaker.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:30 am

I am embarrassed and ashamed to admit that in high school, I believed this one. I lived in a small town, and the largest city was 60 miles away. This city has a large Hmong population. There was a rumor that in the mall's parking ramp, Hmong men would hide under cars and slice the backs of women's' legs with a knife, then steal their bag.
    So many people in our area had a cousin's best friend's next door neighbor's pet sitter who had this happen to them.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:00 pm

Urban Legends 136616 Yeah that's a favorite of many people's, naturally the ethnicity of the criminals in question is open to interpretation as with the Choking Doberman story and the Granny pulling a gun on the guys stealing her car, and it's usually part of a gang initiation or carjacking or whatever.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:21 am

That you can die if you drink Coca Cola while eating Pop-rocks.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:27 am

Chris wrote:That you can die if you drink Coca Cola while eating Pop-rocks.
    Technically, Chris, it's Pepsi...actually, I think the original story or one of the original stories was that a kid had died after being at a party where he drank 6 Pepsis and ate 6 bags of pop rocks. Well I tell you what, urban legend or not, you eat six bags of pop rocks and drink six sodas in basically one sitting, SOMETHING bad is going to happen to you.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:34 am

Supernova wrote:
    Chris wrote:That you can die if you drink Coca Cola while eating Pop-rocks.
    Technically, Chris, it's Pepsi...actually, I think the original story or one of the original stories was that a kid had died after being at a party where he drank 6 Pepsis and ate 6 bags of pop rocks. Well I tell you what, urban legend or not, you eat six bags of pop rocks and drink six sodas in basically one sitting, SOMETHING bad is going to happen to you.

Hell, keep that habit up and the diabetes alone may eventually kill you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:58 pm