Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?

Go down 
+5
Bluesmama
Nystyle709
captainbryce
Shale
zthatzmanz28
9 posters
AuthorMessage
zthatzmanz28
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
zthatzmanz28

Male
Rep : 13

Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? Empty
PostSubject: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:59 am

With all this political and religious bigotry going around, and it seems way too much is from the republickins, do you think all christians have to be locked into the FAR RIGHT camp of intolerance?

I have been seeing some material that is labled CHRISTIAN LEFT...is this compatible? Do you think it is just another oxy-moron?

Does the republickin folks have ownership of christianity?
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueroadblogger.com
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:46 am

I have met some sane, compassionate and loving christians who do not spout those hate filled platitudes, usually taken from the old testament or letters of Paul. So, they exist, just as I am sure there are some good moslems - but the majority ... face palm
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:09 pm

zthatzmanz28 wrote:
With all this political and religious bigotry going around, and it seems way too much is from the republickins, do you think all christians have to be locked into the FAR RIGHT camp of intolerance?

I have been seeing some material that is labled CHRISTIAN LEFT...is this compatible? Do you think it is just another oxy-moron?

Does the republickin folks have ownership of christianity?
I honestly don't think that Christianity (or any religion) is dependent on any secular political stance. I think there are Christians on all sides of the political scale, and much of it has to do with just what kind of a "Christian" they are. I think Evangelical Christians (which are basically the kind that like to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat and make a show of just how Christian they think America is supposed to be) are the far right, fundamentalists who are generally intolerant of anything they perceive to be against the teachings of their religion. I also think many Catholics (the majority) fall into that category as well. And these two groups are generally among the most hypocritical and bigoted "Christians" that tend to want to regulate the "rights" of others through legislature.

But then you have other Christians who aren't so politically inclined to interfere in other people's lives. The majority of Liberals and Independents in the US also self identify as "Christian" but their religion very rarely comes into play when it comes to politics and voting. Those are the Christians who generally understand the concept of "separation of Church and state", believe that we live in a diverse country where people from all backgrounds and walks of life should enjoy the same rights and privileges and recognize that not everyone in the country should be required to live by their interpretation of one particular religion. So not ALL Christians are intolerant and bigoted. Some actually mind their own business. Some actually obey Jesus' instructions in Matthew 6 and heed Jesus' warnings in Matthew 7. In short, the more "Christian" someone publicly claims to be, generally the less they are!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:48 pm

It's nit like there is anything wrong with being a Christian. It's just that you have those that interpret the Bible in their own way and twist it to fit their own ideologies, just like anything else. I don't think a religion can be typecast as left or right...even it may seem that way.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 pm

I've known Christians who were/are friggin' bleeding hearts. So, no ~ I don't think it'd be fair to box them all as "far right".
Back to top Go down
zthatzmanz28
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
zthatzmanz28

Male
Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:14 am

I have been concerned with this for some time. Everytime (99.5%) I meet someone who uses bible speak, and I include similar language, inevitably they say something like, "Well you know exactly what we mean about those liberals."
The same happens when someone hears I am a life member of the NRA...I must be like ALL NRA idiots and cling to the right on every issue.
I am so surprised when the right attacks the democrats "religious" sincerity and ramble about how immoral "liberals" are and how righteous republickins are and so many people agree?
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueroadblogger.com
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:06 am

I think republicans especially the super religious ones think they "own" a lot of things. If you walked into the churches I've had experience with you would be expected to believe right wing rhetoric. There is a HUGE gap between the teachings of Jesus & IMO the great majority of people who label themselves as christians. This is one of the problems with organized religion. They take a workable concept but then turn it into something different. Of course there are people who call themselves christians who believe in the rights of all people, mind their own business & practice that "love" thing but they seems to be few & far between. But of course the religious right claims those people aren't "real" christians. So there you go lol...Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 pm

My grandmother was the best Christian I ever knew. She didn't preach it but she lived in kindness , common sense and love. She was also a life long democrat. Unfortunately that seems to have gone out of style these days, Goldwater tried to warn about the religious right taking over the conservative movement. He wouldn't recognize it today and they would call his a liberal.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Suzi wrote:
My grandmother was the best Christian I ever knew. She didn't preach it but she lived in kindness , common sense and love. She was also a life long democrat. Unfortunately that seems to have gone out of style these days, Goldwater tried to warn about the religious right taking over the conservative movement. He wouldn't recognize it today and they would call his a liberal.

If only there were more people like your gradmother, Suzi.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't think all or even most can be typecast. Like all extremists, the worse ones talk the most and scream the loudest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?   Are "christians" condemned to being the far right? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are "christians" condemned to being the far right?
Page 1 of 1