Greeting the Wrong Person Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greeting the Wrong Person

Go down 
+7
Cheaps
Tony Marino
CatEyes10736
Rainmaker
RedBedroom
Shale
Marc™
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Greeting the Wrong Person Empty
PostSubject: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:01 pm

I did this at a gas station a few weeks ago. I saw some dude who I thought I knew and made a production out of speaking....and it wasn't him. It was embarrassing. Has that ever happened to you?
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Yes, heard this person who sounded exactly like my friend Katrina from New Orleans and I ran into the room to see her - it wasn't. blushing
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm sure it's happened but I don't recall ever going as far as approaching someone.
Back to top Go down
Rainmaker
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Rainmaker

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:31 pm

I have done that over the telephone a time or two, but rarely if ever do I recall this happening in person.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Rainmaker wrote:
I have done that over the telephone a time or two, but rarely if ever do I recall this happening in person.

OH Yeah! When I was young I shared an apartment and my roommate had the same first name. One of his relatives called and I answered. She referred to 'Bob' and I thot it was one of my aunts. We talked for quite a while before some things didn't click and realized it was the wrong Bob. (Which is why all our friends called me 'Fuzzy' because I was a rent-a-cop and had a mustache.)
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:54 pm

I've been on the receiving end of someone briefly mistaking me for someone else, but I don't think I ever made that mistake myself.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Just happened today, I waved to someone who I thought was someone else. It wasn't until the person I waved too ignored me that I realized it was not the person I thought it was.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
Just happened today, I waved to someone who I thought was someone else. It wasn't until the person I waved too ignored me that I realized it was not the person I thought it was.

That's happened to me quite a few times, as well as someone mistaken me for someone else as well.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

That's when you keep waving as if to someone behind them and then they feel dumb.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:14 am

Maybe once or twice. People have mistaken me for other folks on occasion too.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:52 pm

I can think of a few times when I vigorously waved at a few people in cars, then realized it wasn't them. The males probably thought I was flirting.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:24 am

Doesn't happen often, but I have made that mistake before. I also agree that it's much more prone to happen over the telephone, especially when you're calling someone who lives with family, and some of their siblings have the same sounding voice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greeting the Wrong Person   Greeting the Wrong Person Empty

Back to top Go down

Greeting the Wrong Person
Page 1 of 1