'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'

Go down 
+5
Alan Smithee
Nhaiyel
Nystyle709
Shale
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' Empty
PostSubject: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/infant-death-maimonides-hospital-linked-circumcision-article-1.1032432

Quote :
Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision
Unidentified infant died in September of 2011 after contracting herpes

By Thomas Zambito / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, March 3, 2012, 12:11 PM

'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' Image
An infant, not pictured, in Brooklyn died after contracting herpes through a religious circumcision ritual.

A two-week old boy died at a Brooklyn hospital in September after contracting herpes through a religious circumcision ritual that ignited controversy in 2005 after another infant died, the Daily News has learned.

The unidentified infant died Sept. 28, 2011, at Maimonides Hospital, according to a spokeswoman for the city Medical Examiner, who confirmed the death after a News inquiry.

The cause of death was listed as “disseminated herpes simplex virus Type 1, complicating ritual circumcision with oral suction.”

City officials declined to comment Friday.

It’s unclear who performed the circumcision.

In 2004, city health officials revealed that a baby boy died after a circumcision carried out by a Rockland County rabbi who specializes in the centuries-old, ultra-Orthodox ritual known as metzizah b’ peh.

Under the practice, the rabbi or mohel removes blood from the wound with his mouth — a practice city health officials have criticized, saying it carried “inherent risks” for babies.

In 2004, three infants circumcised by Rabbi Yitzchok Fischer were determined to have contracted herpes, city officials said.

Among them were twins circumcised in October 2004 after Fischer performed the religious ceremony known as a bris.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:11 pm

One more little reason to abandon obscur ancient voodoo practices. Don't you think an almight god could make Jewish boys not be born with a foreskin if it was so goddamned important?

Oh sorry. Didn't mean to iterject logic into sacrosanct religious tradition.
blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:32 pm

LOL, so the rabbi has herpes? Should've been performed by a medical doctor. Poor baby.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Leave the circumcisions to the doctors. I don't care if it is tradition, a rabbi wouldn't be touching my baby boy's penis to exact this practice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:40 pm

R.I.P. little guy. Tragic and preventable.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:32 pm

The baby died of the herpes that causes cold sores. I didn't even know that one could catch cold sores until a few years ago when a neighbors toddler got sick, had sores all over the inside of her mouth because her father kissed her on the mouth while he had a cold sore and infected her.

Makes me glad I never allowed anyone myself included to kiss my babies on the mouth. One ended up getting cold sores,I don't know how she got them. The other 2 have never had one and neither have I.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:37 pm

Suzi wrote:
The baby died of the herpes that causes cold sores. I didn't even know that one could catch cold sores until a few years ago when a neighbors toddler got sick, had sores all over the inside of her mouth because her father kissed her on the mouth while he had a cold sore and infected her.

Makes me glad I never allowed anyone myself included to kiss my babies on the mouth. One ended up getting cold sores,I don't know how she got them. The other 2 have never had one and neither have I.

Man that's just stupid, I've had cold sores ever since I was 6 and I always knew never kiss ANYBODY until they went away.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Well how was I supposed to know, my husband gets them all the time and I have never had one, I never refused to kiss him.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Suzi wrote:
Well how was I supposed to know, my husband gets them all the time and I have never had one, I never refused to kiss him.

Yeah, kids! I realized a few years ago that herpes simplex has been going from mothers to childrens lips for generations. I'm sure I got mine from my mother. WE DID NOT KNOW THAT 'FEVER BLISTERS' or 'COLD SORES' were actually contagious when I was a kid.

Herpes was not even a word for such blisters back then. You just got them when you had a fever/cold - hence the misleading names.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Quote :
Under the practice, the rabbi or mohel removes blood from the wound with his mouth

What??????? pissed
Call me ignorant but i didnt even know the rabbis were the ones who did the circ let alone removing blood from the babies with their effin MOUTHS. That sounds pedoish to me. I couldnt care less about circumcision in general but imo ONLY a doc. should do it, not a baby dick suckin rabbi.

RIP little guy.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:20 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:

What??????? pissed
Call me ignorant but i didnt even know the rabbis were the ones who did the circ let alone removing blood from the babies with their effin MOUTHS. That sounds pedoish to me. I couldnt care less about circumcision in general but imo ONLY a doc. should do it, not a baby dick suckin rabbi.

RIP little guy.
You can bet if the parents have another boy the ritual will be done differently!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Sad and pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'   'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision' Empty

Back to top Go down

'Infant's death at Maimonides Hospital linked to circumcision'
Page 1 of 1