CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
tmontyb
Bluesmama
Nystyle709
Suzi
Shale
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Chris
12 posters

Kirk Cameron: Homosexuality is ‘unnatural’ and gay marriage is ‘destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization’

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Kirk Cameron: Homosexuality is ‘unnatural’ and gay marriage is ‘destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization’

Post by Chris Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/kirk-cameron-homosexuality-unnatural-gay-marriage-destructive-foundations-civilization-article-1.1032798

Kirk Cameron: Homosexuality is ‘unnatural’ and gay marriage is ‘destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization’
    ‘Growing Pains’ sitcom star says society should not try to ‘redefine’ marriage

By Michael Sheridan / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Sunday, March 4, 2012, 9:04 AM

Kirk Cameron: Homosexuality is ‘unnatural’ and gay marriage is ‘destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization’ Image
    Kirk Cameron, former ‘Growing Pains’ sitcom star, says homosexuality is ‘unnatural’ and claims gay marriage is ‘destructive’ to civilization.

Kirk Cameron fears homosexuality will destroy the world.

The one-time sitcom star who went from atheism to conservative Christian during the 1980s slammed gay marriage as "destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization" and called homosexuals "detrimental" to society during an interview Friday.

"I think that it's unnatural," Cameron told Piers Morgan on CNN.

In terms of gay marriage, the "Fireproof" actor said, "I believe marriage was defined by God a long time ago... One man, one woman for life till death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage."

Cameron then added, "So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don't."

PHOTOS: Stars of the '80s TV: Where are they now?

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation quickly labeled the former "Growing Pains" teen idol as "anti-gay."

"Kirk Cameron sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character,” said Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD.

“Cameron is out of step with a growing majority of Americans," he argued.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

News Re: Kirk Cameron: Homosexuality is ‘unnatural’ and gay marriage is ‘destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization’

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Shrugs (Oh well…) He's entitled to his opinion but he has no business telling other people how to live their lives.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

News Re: Kirk Cameron: Homosexuality is ‘unnatural’ and gay marriage is ‘destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization’

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:55 pm

I've known nuts like him. My son's ex-girlfriends mother once claimed it would be the end of civilization. Kirk Cameron: Homosexuality is ‘unnatural’ and gay marriage is ‘destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization’ RollingEyesSmiley5 I wish some of these people would get raptured. Kirk needs to go find his good buddy Ray & eat a banana.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:55 pm

"The one-time sitcom star ..."

Who the fuck is Kirk Cameron? Why would a has-been child actor's opinion be worth anything?
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:06 pm

I used to think he was just the cutest kid when he was on the show, then I found out he was a born again Christian and I stopped thinking he was so cute. My experiences with born again Christians has always been unpleasant. I find they use their religion to hate, so they can keep it. When I hear them spew I just consider the source. I am a non believer however the bible does speak of that sort, it says that not all those who cry Lord Lord will see the kingdom of heaven.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:33 pm

LOL@the derision over his comments. So fucking what. He's entitled to his opinion. Everybody knows that Kirk has been this way forever....no surprise here....
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:09 pm

So what's the problem? Sure, he doesn't support homosexuality, but all I've read are his opinions! I opened up a couple of articles and read nothing about him "telling others how to live their lives". He doesn't have to like it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Bluesmama wrote:So what's the problem? Sure, he doesn't support homosexuality, but all I've read are his opinions! I opened up a couple of articles and read nothing about him "telling others how to live their lives". He doesn't have to like it.

Since you quoted me I will respond and clarify if I was unclear. I didn't say he was trying to tell people how to live their lives. Just that he has no business doing so if he wanted to go beyond merely holding an opinion.

Last edited by Alan Smithee on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Since you quoted me I will respond. I didn't say he was trying to tell people how to live their lives. Just that he has no business doing so if he wanted to go beyond merely holding an opinion.

I thought he made a good effort to avoid doing that, especially if it was a question he wasn't braced for.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Well, I don't support his conservative backward thinking, so no harm done.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:35 pm

It's no surprise. He's been on CNN and other news shows talking about his extreme-conservative stance on a myriad of things from homosexuality to his crackpot theory on evolution. Dress him in white and ship him off to Utah, he'll fit right in.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:08 am

I thought Kirk Cameron was gay...
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Fuck 'em. Him and Dicaprio flipped a coin on who would end up having a big career in Hollywood and who would end up a has-been by 30. Guess who luck sided with.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Considering in his younger day he probably had a big gay following that catapulted him up to fame and I am sure he didn't mind it then. What a jerk.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:48 am