Hiding/marking food Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hiding/marking food

Go down 
+9
Supernova
jennab85
FireIce918
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
CeCe
Shale
Alan Smithee
Chris
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Hiding/marking food Empty
PostSubject: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 pm

If you come from a big family, or lived with any particularly greedy or intrusive relatives, did you ever hide your food or put your name on it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:53 pm

LOL, no
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:53 pm

I have lived in communal situations where you had to label any food that was particularly your own. Not that it kept ppl from pilfering it.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 pm

It depends on what you mean by "hiding". I currently have some Reeses's Peanut Butter Eggs somewhat out of the general view lol
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:46 pm

LOL I used to hide candy from my brothers because they would eat it all up!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 pm

The only time I do that is when I put food in the refrigerator at work. I never had to do it at home.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:14 am

I have to do that at home now. It's getting ridiculous. I don't understand what's so hard about it--if you didn't buy it, DON'T USE IT! Ugh. eye roll
Back to top Go down
jennab85
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:39 am

When my maternal grandmother was still alive, my parents had to hide certain foods and beverages from her. She had dementia in the last years of her life and she had the habit of getting certain foods or beverages like sodas and throwing or dumping them in the toilet, trash, and in her bedroom.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:05 am

Marking it wouldn't do any good, it's always hide.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:54 am

Naw, only time I did that is if I had some goodies I wanted to keep my siblings from.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:48 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
The only time I do that is when I put food in the refrigerator at work. I never had to do it at home.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:13 am

I don't think I ever could do that. The reason is my son's paternal uncle's girlfriend does that with her kids. And it isn't as if it is Godiva chocolates...she hides strawberry jam (grape jelly is cheaper, so that's all the kids get) and other "expensive" items from the kids.

I have gotten candies as gifts and put them in the freezer to enjoy as a treat once in a while. And I tell my son they are off limits unless he asks. But I could not imagine having something I don't let him have at all.

Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:24 am

I tried to lock the freezer when the kids were in their teens. They would eat all the cookies and baked goodies that I made and froze part of for lunches, etc. So I hit the freezer key in the inside suit coat pocket of their fathers suit. Damned if the brats didn't get their brother to look for the key, it was in the first place he looked. So then I tried baking half the cookies and freezing the rest of the dough in balls or spoonfuls. They had a friend who loved raw cookie dough! Couldn't win for losing. I gave up and just baked more and more. You would think they were all fatties, but not at all, they were normal slim kids!
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:40 am

Suzi wrote:
I tried to lock the freezer when the kids were in their teens. They would eat all the cookies and baked goodies that I made and froze part of for lunches, etc. So I hit the freezer key in the inside suit coat pocket of their fathers suit. Damned if the brats didn't get their brother to look for the key, it was in the first place he looked. So then I tried baking half the cookies and freezing the rest of the dough in balls or spoonfuls. They had a friend who loved raw cookie dough! Couldn't win for losing. I gave up and just baked more and more. You would think they were all fatties, but not at all, they were normal slim kids!

That's funny, Suzi!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:09 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
LOL, no

I was wrong about that. I used to work with some one who also kept bottles of seltzer in the frig at work. I wrote my initials on mine more so that I didn't drink hers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiding/marking food   Hiding/marking food Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiding/marking food
Page 1 of 1